Author Topic: new scooter keeps blowing fuses  (Read 7699 times)

ginger cat

• View Profile
new scooter keeps blowing fuses
« on: April 26, 2013, 02:52:58 PM »
Hi , so i own kymco super 8 125. 5 days ago it blew up the fuse , currently mechanic at the local dealer have checked everything and cant find the issue - like all the wires are fine and nothing is wrong but it keeps blowing the fuses which is a mystery.
Does anyone had any issues like that before or got any suggestions so i can pass them on to my dealer ?

MotoRandy123

• Lets Ride!
    • View Profile
Re: new scooter keeps blowing fuses
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 08:42:09 PM »
Which fuse is blowing? The lights can short out and blow fuses. A pinched wire
anywhere on the scoot can also do that...
2012 Yager GT 200I - Southern NH

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 02:43:05 AM »
There are three fuses there..which one blew? all three?

Also check the fuse connectors... they should be tight and not corroded...

« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 02:44:39 AM by Vivo »

ginger cat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 03:45:18 AM »
As i wrote scooter is at LOCAL DEALER - its been checked by the mechanic and he cant find anything wrong. When i got stuck at the road it blew up the widest/biggest one i dont know which one is that. I have called them today and they still cant find what's wrong with it , another mechanic who is electrician will be checking in on Tuesday. For them its a mystery that is why i have created a topic in case someone had something similar.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 05:04:54 AM »
The widest/biggest is the headlight fuse... I'm sure of that... Check your headlight system...

MotoRandy123

• Lets Ride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 11:31:46 AM »
Looking at the Agility 125 it only shows 2 fuses both 7A. One is for the charging system
the other is for the ignition and lights. I would take all the plastic off and unplug connectors
until the short goes away.

Unfortunatly there aren't many experts on electrical at most dealers as the time needed to
troubleshoot is too much for most people to pay for but your scoot is new so they have to fix
 it or give you another one.
2012 Yager GT 200I - Southern NH

ginger cat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 12:23:23 AM »
They are gonna do the last suggestion next week by checking every part on its own , cause the first mechanic who checked it mostly does MOTs and damaged parts/repair.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2013, 01:46:03 AM »
Looking at the Agility 125 it only shows 2 fuses both 7A. One is for the charging system
the other is for the ignition and lights. I would take all the plastic off and unplug connectors
until the short goes away.

Unfortunatly there aren't many experts on electrical at most dealers as the time needed to
troubleshoot is too much for most people to pay for but your scoot is new so they have to fix
 it or give you another one.

I also have the super 8 125ss like the poster... and we have three fuses... 2 - 7A and one 15A...

When my headlight once failed... it was the 15A, just replaced it and it's done.....  not unless wirings and fuses differ from one country to another even with the same scoot...

ginger cat

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2013, 07:47:53 AM »
When the scoot blew up the fuse , i call for road assistance and he replaced it and i took it home. Then i did 4 small trips 10miles in 2 days and took to the local garage. For the past week 1st mechanic checked the wires for any damage or melt and then he put it on diagnostics which resulted for another blown fuse. As he said on the phone he lacks knowledge in general wirings and electrical repairings , since the main mechanic was busy doing MOTs all week. But they ensured it will be fixed this week. SO its pretty much not bad fuse , cause while it was at the garage it keeps blowing that same fuse like 3-4 times already.

ginger cat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2013, 03:20:05 PM »
The fuse which blew up was 10A , which one is that for?
They spent 2 days checking wiring and electrics , no faults were found. So they offered me to take it back , possibility of bad fuse.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2013, 01:39:20 AM »
My Super 8 125cc has three fuses... 7A, 7A, and 15A   what do you have?

You have 10A ... Is it possible that the 10A should be a 15A ? And that is why you keep on blowing the fuse... I don't know...

ginger cat

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2013, 04:12:14 AM »
checked the manual , we got 7,10,10 in eu.
btw new problem - just went home and headlight + high beam stopped working...

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2013, 11:41:18 AM »
the best mechanic in the word can easy over see something. it could be something big or something small. LIke the front head light might have mosture in the socket. or a pinched wire some wear. Or If there is bare wire hiting something on the frame of the scoot.there are wires under the gas tank that sometimes gets wet from over filling the tank if they get wet from gas
that will do it.

ginger cat

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2013, 05:39:52 PM »
Hopefully starting tomorrow it will get fixed and i wont have any problems with it , in the past 2 months its 3rd time my scooter goes to service. Im sort of annoyed the way this scooter keeps doing bad things to me.

ginger cat

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2013, 01:44:13 PM »
Ok , now rear headlight stopped working. Its been 3 days and they told me to call back tomorrow , i think they are taking a piss or w/e.
Does kymco warranty apply to any dealer? I have got another shop in a neighbour city which does Kymco's , will it apply there?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()