Author Topic: A little bit ticked....or Houndguy joins a motorcycle gang briefly.  (Read 2539 times)

houndguy

• Fear the mangy mutt!
  • Your idiotism amuses me.
    • View Profile
    • Scooter Revolution!
I worked till 7 PM tonight, an oddity to be sure, and then after work went out with friends for a non-alcoholic drink (I was riding my Kmyco 500 Xciting scooter home).  I am in full ATGATT gear. 

I's about 8:30 or so and about 50 Harley's pull out and start to go around me.   That's fine and for a brief moment I'm following the tail rider.  We pull up to a light and I go to the right to go around the slow moving group.

:oops: Next thing I know I'm in the middle of the pack.  Which would not have been that bad expect for two things that pissed me off, first was at as the group was stopping at a light one of the bikes cuts in front of me making me have to stop short.   At a stop light I even yelled over to a guy next to me "I feel a little out of place."  He laughed.   

Second was that after the light goes green on of the riders starts to direct traffic around me.   Really?   Okay, I get it.  You don't want a scooter in your group.  I can even understand if I broke some unwritten motorcycle gang law and rode with the group uninvited.   Your directing traffic to go around me isn't safe.  We are on a busy road Dude and I was in this lane first.

I just shake my head at the guy and the second it's safe for me to move over I do so.  I blow past them without much issue muttering "assholes" under my breath.

Am I wrong to feel this way?
Just another scooter blog - http://www.2smallerwheels.blogspot.com

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: A little bit ticked....or Houndguy joins a motorcycle gang briefly.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 02:22:35 AM »
I would feel the same way also.....if...I was in the U.S. of A.  In my country, we have around 4 million motorcycles and only around 1 thousand are Harleys... Harleys can't squeeze between two buses and they are slow in our busy streets... with Harleys around, I can just twist, swerve, zip and go...

Here's a Harley pack in the Philippines.... Is there a rule on what they should look like?... one thing's for sure... they are frking rich.... an entry level Harley costs around $25,000.00 here...

« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 02:26:40 AM by Vivo »

vespa50sp

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 03:19:56 AM »
You can feel however you want. But it might be worth it to wait and let them go by when there are 50 to one odds.

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 04:01:22 AM »
If it were me I would not have followed behind them, but instead pulled off for 5 minutes or so letting them get far enough ahead that they aren't a bother. In my sports bike days I would have screamed past them with a big ole grin on my face.  ;)

houndguy

• Fear the mangy mutt!
    • View Profile
    • Scooter Revolution!
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 11:21:33 AM »
If it were me I would not have followed behind them, but instead pulled off for 5 minutes or so letting them get far enough ahead that they aren't a bother. In my sports bike days I would have screamed past them with a big ole grin on my face.  ;)

I blew past them anyway in the right lane anyway.   

My original post might have been a little confusing so I want to clear it up.  It's a 3 lane highway.   I was in the right lane to begin with they they pulled into the center lane to go past me.  I fell in behind the tail rider to go past a car and then they pulled, en mass, into the left lane.   I stayed in the center lane and past most of them.   As we all stopped at a light they merged into my lane. 

That's when one of the group started to direct traffic around me.   I was in the right groove of the center lane so the bikes could pull up side by side.   The second I got chance to pull over into the right lane I did and I scoot on past them. 

Hope that clears up the picture.

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 11:09:27 AM »
 :) Well there you go. It's not my imagination after all. Most ( not all, but most ) Harley riders seem to think they're something friggin special. I just put it down to short dick syndrome, cos when you really think about it, a lot of them look like steroid boys, and apparently if you get into that sort of sh** your knob can shrink into almost the size of a clit :o. And you're dead right about the cost of them Vivo ol mate, it's similar here. Our back neighbour, who just so happens to be one of those type of tossers who likes to think he's better than everyone else recently bought a Harley Fat Boy for the best part of thirty friggin grand !!! Well, sucked in I reckon, cos I'm stuffed if I'de fork out that much coin for a glorified vibrator with wheels ... I can keep my girl happy with the REAL thing. ;)
Cop ya later gang.
Regards
Hairy Bob. 8)
Damn the torpedoes .. full steam ahead !

tortoise

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 03:36:48 PM »

houndguy

• Fear the mangy mutt!
    • View Profile
    • Scooter Revolution!
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 09:14:15 PM »

What in the hell was that!!!!   

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2013, 08:52:36 AM »
:) Well there you go. It's not my imagination after all. Most ( not all, but most ) Harley riders seem to think they're something friggin special. I just put it down to short dick syndrome, cos when you really think about it, a lot of them look like steroid boys, and apparently if you get into that sort of sh** your knob can shrink into almost the size of a clit :o. And you're dead right about the cost of them Vivo ol mate, it's similar here. Our back neighbour, who just so happens to be one of those type of tossers who likes to think he's better than everyone else recently bought a Harley Fat Boy for the best part of thirty friggin grand !!! Well, sucked in I reckon, cos I'm stuffed if I'de fork out that much coin for a glorified vibrator with wheels ... I can keep my girl happy with the REAL thing. ;)
Cop ya later gang.
Regards
Hairy Bob. 8)

Yeah HB... But I still want to try out a Harley... for sure, I won't be riding with other guys or packs or wear those leathers and tatoos... I'll be cruising alone in a t-shirt, jeans, and cowboy boots maybe... Hmmm... I think I would rather have a Yamaha V-Max.... ::) 8) :o ;D ;)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 08:55:57 AM by Vivo »

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2013, 10:47:15 AM »
Go the V Max Vivo, but sh** man, hang on friggin tight or chain yourself to the handlebars ... those mothers can blow off turbo porches  :P
Just for the record ol mate, I am a little concerned though. I don't want to lose one of the original band members so soon.Come to think of it, we don't want to lose you full stop !!
Regards, Hairy Bob  8)
Damn the torpedoes .. full steam ahead !

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2013, 10:36:17 PM »

I'm with you on this one, many of the Harley guys are as great as can be and just as many can be a holes when in a group. Depending on where you are they are also real live gangs and not to be messed with or even seen by, they can be hardend criminals that will screw with you for the fun of it.

It's a shame the good ones can get lumped in with the bad but it's better to be safe then sorry. Good guys will extend an invitation to you and you'll know right off the bat if they are well intended. If not sure, just drop back.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

artist22405

• View Profile
I think it is all in how you prescient yourself I live in southern Illinois where just about everyone rides a hog in the summertime.   Last year all summer I rode a 1983 honda areo 80 got some looks even got some grief till a local bad ass on a hog ask to race me I said sure 1/16 mile and considering  I paid $400 dollars for it and have driven it 4000 miles plus only replaced a $30 dollar reed on it it has served me well and paid for itself   servile times  over  sure lets race . I told him who I bought it from looks changed I bought it from a vet neighbor that everyone knows as a long time gang member. Rode the scooter rain snow sun and all now local bikes know I ride when they drive cages as they say. dont take it personally I don't I get 70 mpg and my bet and win 250 can go 75 mph all day. Respect is what I get now even though I dont need there respect I just love riding.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
I think it is all in how you prescient yourself I live in southern Illinois where just about everyone rides a hog in the summertime.   Last year all summer I rode a 1983 honda areo 80 got some looks even got some grief till a local bad ass on a hog ask to race me I said sure 1/16 mile and considering  I paid $400 dollars for it and have driven it 4000 miles plus only replaced a $30 dollar reed on it it has served me well and paid for itself   servile times  over  sure lets race . I told him who I bought it from looks changed I bought it from a vet neighbor that everyone knows as a long time gang member. Rode the scooter rain snow sun and all now local bikes know I ride when they drive cages as they say. dont take it personally I don't I get 70 mpg and my bet and win 250 can go 75 mph all day. Respect is what I get now even though I dont need there respect I just love riding.

You kind of proved a point, you took some crap until 1 nicer guy talked you up and saw you for a person and not some guy on a POS scoot or rice burner. It could also have been some dumb gang banger wanting to have a laugh and knock you off your bike or worse. I don't want to scare anyone or give any group a bad name, they make that on there own. but beware of large groups, you can get yourself in trouble. If you give a wave to one of them and they ignore you or worse drop back and ride on alone, safe and sound. IMO
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

Vivo

• View Profile
You kind of proved a point, you took some crap until 1 nicer guy talked you up and saw you for a person and not some guy on a POS scoot or rice burner. It could also have been some dumb gang banger wanting to have a laugh and knock you off your bike or worse. I don't want to scare anyone or give any group a bad name, they make that on there own. but beware of large groups, you can get yourself in trouble. If you give a wave to one of them and they ignore you or worse drop back and ride on alone, safe and sound. IMO

Yup, you'll never know.... there's a thin line that differentiates a naive and a stupid person....

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()