Author Topic: fitted the new xtra long mirror, I can see!  (Read 2953 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
fitted the new xtra long mirror, I can see!
« on: April 27, 2013, 09:02:44 PM »
Found this mirror on eBay - and with the little converter piece found there as well, was able to fit the mirror today.
You can also re-use the Kymco black rubber seal on this mirror base.
Looks to be nice quality - and I can now see what's bearing down on me when I slow for turnings!
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: fitted the new xtra long mirror, I can see!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 02:42:15 AM »
Not for me... I can't squeeze through traffic with those... ;D

91cavgt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 12:31:10 PM »
I guess some of you are more broad in the shoulders than me.  I can see just fine out of the stock mirrors, but I do catch just the edge of a shoulder in each mirror.
2012 Like 200i  in black

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 02:24:26 PM »
I've decided to become a teacher. That way eyes will grow on the back of my head. Problem solved-no mirrors needed.   ::)  ;)

Vivo I was thinking the same thing when I saw the wider mirrors. As much as I don't like the stock mirrors I've just learned to position myself so I can see what's behind me.

MotoRandy123

• Lets Ride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 08:24:17 PM »
I don't have any problems with mine on the Yager. I set them so I can see behind me on
both sides for full coverage too...
2012 Yager GT 200I - Southern NH

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 01:46:20 AM »
Also, I would prefer to see a bit of my shoulder when riding....

tclhb

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 03:23:50 AM »
I'm 6'1", 210 lbs. stock mirrors work fine for me.
Tom. Huntington Beach, California

exhalent99

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 12:13:14 AM »
I'm 5'11", 170lbs with broad shoulders, but I have a short in-seam, only 30 or 30.5 inches.

I haven't received my like yet but I'm pretty sure I'll be making the seat and mirror mods.

It shouldn't be too expensive or difficult to totally redo the seat.  I might leave the stock padding and just build on it.
Or even remove the stock pad, build a nice sturdy but soft foundation, then top it with the stock foam.

The extra filling and most likely new cover wont cost more than $20.00 and that's for good quality.

When I finally get the scoot I'll post a thread on my seat mod.
I Like you.  Do you Like me?

Captain Nemo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2013, 08:41:23 PM »
OldSchoot, do you have a link? Those look nice.
I don't have my scooter yet, (I should be getting my Like 200i this month) but when sitting on the scooter at the dealer, I did notice the view seemed a bit narrow with the stock mirrors.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2013, 09:20:48 PM »
OldSchoot, do you have a link? Those look nice.
I don't have my scooter yet, (I should be getting my Like 200i this month) but when sitting on the scooter at the dealer, I did notice the view seemed a bit narrow with the stock mirrors.

Hello, You can search this title on eBay : " Piaggio Vespa LML Star Scooter long adjustable motorcycle mirror-Italy "($29.95 w/ $6.50 shipping)
You will also need this adapter, eBay again :  " Motorcycle or Scooter Mirror Adapters - 10mm to 8mm "  ($4.99 w/free shipping)

The above is what I finally fitted to my scooter - just the left side for now - Not cheap but I can now clearly see ALL of the road directly behind me. The shaft is the heavier 10mm - so the vibrations are less than for an 8mm mirror shaft, Some mirrors are plastic. This one is not, it is all metal and glass.

First I tried mirror extenders, with poor results:
The pair of small alum. adapters, titled on eBay thusly : " 8mm Mirrors Extender Riser Adapter Honda Kymco Scooter "  DO NOT work well with the plastic shroud on the Like handlebars. Plus they were rediculously expensive  @ $34.99 !!

I have broad shoulders - and this mirror works great - I can keep an eye on what is following me. It can be adjusted in many ways to address what you need. Kymco DOES offer a set of accessory mirrors - my dealer does not stock these , you pay to have them ordered - they do NOT seem to extend beyond the hand grips in the company photo. My long shafted mirror is well beyond the grip - but not weirdly so!)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 09:31:37 PM by OldSchoot »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()