Author Topic: possible problem with LED headlights  (Read 3394 times)

Jridley

• View Profile
possible problem with LED headlights
« on: April 29, 2013, 04:14:26 PM »
So I used all the info in this forum (which you guys are awesome!) and bought and installed the LED headlights recommended in the subject "headlights". They are so much brighter, and I love them. Only problem is they do not go into "bright mode" or down to "regular". They have one setting. I'm a total noob when it comes to LED's, vehicles, and anything technical so this could very well be just the nature of LED lights. However if I did something wrong, and the lights could get even more brighter in "bright" mode, then I would  like to fix it.

Does anyone have any info or suggestions?

Jridley   

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: possible problem with LED headlights
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 02:02:05 AM »
What type of LED bulb did you use? H4? Can you post pictures?

Led H4 has High and Low....  This is a flat LED H4... it's brighter than the multi SMD LED...

This is a projector conversion...makes your LEDs more focused...

« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 02:06:51 AM by Vivo »

Jridley

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 03:57:56 AM »
Vivo:
These are the LED bulbs I bought. I just noticed has I went back to the site that these are fog lamps, dose that matter at all?

http://www.dhgate.com/new-design-21w-2200lm-led-h4-headlights-fog/p-ff80808137175b2e0137356c559a0d9d.html

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 05:11:49 AM »
LED H4 head light bulbs are supposed to be hi/low... And it's not specified in the site....

Like this one, it says hi/low...

http://www.dhgate.com/2pcs-h4-7-5w-super-bright-car-led-front-headlights/p-ff80808138bd38eb0138c7de66e161a9.html

« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 05:16:31 AM by Vivo »

Jridley

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 12:17:13 PM »
any Idea if I could have done something wrong to cause this? I mean the wiring could not have been simpler, when I toggle the hi/low switch there is millisecond fast blink in the light however the intensity does not change.

I guess one stipulation is that these are 1200/2200 lumen and seem to be some of the brightest ones out there.

skishades

• Point 'em and Pray
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 06:47:20 AM »
fog lamps don't have hi/low features.  It might have an H4 backing but they power the same bulbs.  I have LED's in mine and basically, one of the tines on the H4 is a ground, the second tine powers up some of the LED's, the third tine powers up more but different LED's... when I hit passing light, all LED's light up. The pictures shown by Vivo have the correct backing (H4) but those type are usually on or off, good for turn signals, or if they are bright enough, fog lights.
I will ski till Hell freezes over... then I will have no fear of death.

skishades

• Point 'em and Pray
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 07:13:21 AM »
BTW, the original bulbs are HS1 sockets but H4 is nearly identical and will fit.  HS1 is used in smaller bikes (like scoots) while H4 is usually used in larger bikes (like motor cycles).  Basically, HS1 is usually lower wattage bulbs.
I will ski till Hell freezes over... then I will have no fear of death.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()