Author Topic: 2007 4T super 8 idle+starting issues  (Read 1028 times)

stupot54

• View Profile
2007 4T super 8 idle+starting issues
« on: April 30, 2013, 11:37:37 AM »
Hi there i recently got a super 8 4t that needed fixing up. I have done a fair bit of work which i will list in a sec but i still have a few problems with the bike. One is with the idling. The bike now seems to be set at the right mixture(after following a forum post saying to get it to max rpm then set the idle so that the rear wheel isnt moving) And the idle sounds fine, and accelerates as id expect. But when it is left idling the rpms pick up and drop back down randomly on their own, and im not sure why. Another potential issue(though i am fairly sure this may be solved now since changing mixture) is that the bike would not start for a long time of trying with the electric start, not sure if this is a battery issue as it was almost dead when i bought the bike. After alot of trying it would start but usually with a jump starter battery attached.

The work ive done on the bike is as follows:
cleaned the carb(3 times!)
changed engine oil and cleaned strainer
new plug
new air filter
removed sports exhaust, replaced with stock.
new clutch plate
new variator rollers
valves adjusted
drained old fuel, cleaned out tank and fresh fuel added.
new fuel line

Any ideas what my problem is? The bike really needs a good ride to see if that sorts it out but its not moted or insured so thats not possible. Cheers for any help!
Stuart
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 02:55:39 PM by stupot54 »

Nori

• View Profile
Re: 2007 4T super 8 idle+starting issues
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 09:58:21 PM »
Yep im having the same problem with my super 8 2007 4t 50cc
it won't idle itself like in the morning when the engine is cold
it just shuts down , i also changed the engine oil , gear oil , moved to polini variator
but the problems is still there , yesterday the mechanic of scoters changed the mixture of idle
a little bit higher but still having difficult to idle itself i think he should re-adjust at higher rpm .
But for starting about a year i can remember only 2 times didn't start for 1st time .
Mine just starts perfectly but when the engine is cold you should accelerate or it will start hardly !

stupot54

• View Profile
Re: 2007 4T super 8 idle+starting issues
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 07:09:44 PM »
This bike is now for sale in reading, berkshire, england. all moted. contact me via stuart_russell@ntlworld.com

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()