Author Topic: new scooter law  (Read 3003 times)

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: new scooter law
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2013, 02:03:26 AM »
I disagree.  I think it is in the millions of $$$.  That being said, your right however that the 100/125 cc is the future.  The market is global and if the global market demands a higher cc the US market will start getting more 100/125 cc bikes.

Europe for example is requiring all motorcycles to have ABS in a few years.  We are starting to see more ABS as standard gear on motorcycles here in the US because of this change. 

I personally don't think a little 50cc is safe for most city driving anyway; where as a 125cc is able to do most city speeds (send hate mail to my IM box please).

Our country is about the size of New Mexico and we have around 4 million motorbikes... Vietnam has more than 20 million... and increasing... 100cc 4-stroke bikes dominate the road...

About the ABS change...I think that still is very far from reality in most parts of the world because they are more practical for bigger bikes... Cost-wise, it won't be practical for a $900.00 motorcycle... but I would want one... ABS will surely increase the price of a budget bike  ;)

I don't think you'll get hate mail.... as our friends who buy 50cc's would not buy them if there are other better choices and if you have different laws...  There are 50cc here before and they are cheaper but why buy them if you can get a bigger engine.... Of course, we have different motorcycle license laws...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()