Author Topic: SIMPLE MOD  (Read 2191 times)

Vivo

• View Profile
SIMPLE MOD
« on: May 04, 2013, 09:04:10 AM »
Last week I decided to unbolt my scoot's pipe and repaint it with a few coats of high temp paint... To my surprise, the scoot's pipe weighs like... very heavy... man, was it heavy.... If weight is a primary factor in improving our scoots performance e.g. acceleration, top speed... then it is just logical to consider replacing our pipe with a lighter one... or modify.... my two cents  ::) 8) ;)   

ginger cat

• View Profile
Re: SIMPLE MOD
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 09:13:58 AM »
gimme me a pipe available in Europe , i cant find anything :(

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 09:42:07 AM »
gimme me a pipe available in Europe , i cant find anything :(

I'm sorry to hear that... What about generic GY6 performance pipes? are they not available in Europe?...

What about modifying your stock pipe? Is it legal to do this in Europe?

ginger cat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 09:57:57 AM »
The problem is those pipes are being sold on Asian market like in stores not even online , i have checked philippines website for bike sales - there are about ¬20 pipes for 125-150. The problem is you cant get them , unless you find a guy who sells it and can ship it to Europe. As you said that stock pipe is heavy , which means modifying it wont help much. Im cracking on ebay right now , messaging every single Asian store.

Do you have any idea if that twobros or yoshimura exhaust is heavy?

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 01:30:11 PM »
To modify stock pipe is to open it up...remove the catalytic converter and other metal stuff.... cut to  shorten the pipe.... put in fiberglass fill.... weld it again..and what you get is a lighter...short...modified stock pipe... my question is ... is it legal there?

ginger cat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 01:51:13 PM »
It will invalidate the warranty , but it its legal.
I have spoken to them before , since the exhaust is one piece and if i want to keep my warranty i cant remove anything from it or cut it.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()