Author Topic: Agility 125 - too old?  (Read 1550 times)

Jan

• View Profile
Agility 125 - too old?
« on: May 05, 2013, 08:18:50 AM »
Hi Guys, please share with me your opinion about my Kymco Agility 125.
It’s a ’08 model, rego until September 2013, 56.000 kms. No major service, only usual oil, brakes, belt, tyres stuff. Last time it was serviced though, the serviceman said the engine makes a weird sound and that if it breaks down, I should just get rid of it, as the engine work would be too costly. I am not sure – he may just want me to buy a scooter in his shop  I am between selling it for a couple of hundred $ and getting a new one, on the other hand, it may do one more year…
What do you guys think? Can it do another 10k and is it worth it? I am looking after it.
Cheers

Jim Moore

• View Profile
Re: Agility 125 - too old?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 10:34:09 AM »
At 56K kms you've gotten your money's worth out of it a few times over. Good job. I'd start saving a few bucks for a new one and ride the old one until it blows up.

tortoise

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 04:04:39 PM »
serviceman said the engine makes a weird sound
A competent serviceman should be able to provided more specific information about deficiencies.

Just curious . . what type engine oil and how long between changes?  Do you run at wide open throttle for extended periods?  Did the serviceman check valve lash (rockers), and perform a cylinder compression test?

MotoRandy123

• Lets Ride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 09:30:52 PM »
Might just need a new timing chain then be good to go for another 50K.
2012 Yager GT 200I - Southern NH

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 02:11:44 AM »
Might just need a new timing chain then be good to go for another 50K.

Yes, I had a chinese scoot with more than 60K... sold it... still runs...fine...

Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 11:00:20 AM »
A competent serviceman should be able to provided more specific information about deficiencies.

Just curious . . what type engine oil and how long between changes?  Do you run at wide open throttle for extended periods?  Did the serviceman check valve lash (rockers), and perform a cylinder compression test?

Thanks guys for your replies -

Last time I serviced it was only to replace the starter kit (small black box) - coz it stopped starting.
I didn't want a full service.
I just top-up oil from time to time (every 4 months) - never even changed it. Cant remember the name of oil - just from
a servo for 4 stroke bikes. Not running at wide open throttle much.
Service it about twice per year, running it about 60kms/week. I used it for pizza delivery - thats why
it got so many k :)

I may just wait till september (end of the rego), service it one last time and let them call me if the repairs would
be too costly. If so, get rid of it, if not, maybe squeeze another year out of it. Hope the belt won't snap though :O

tortoise

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 05:26:06 PM »
I just top-up oil from time to time (every 4 months) - never even changed it.
If in fact the engine oil has actually never been changed by either you or a service person, there is a very high probability that the oil strainer screen is obstructed.  Very hard to imagine that this negligence has occurred on a 56K engine!  Some even use non-detergent oil to reduce metallic particle suspension between routine oil changes.

Advance to 2:13.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()