Author Topic: Wax for Downtown  (Read 1870 times)

Joe7911

• View Profile
Wax for Downtown
« on: May 06, 2013, 06:01:06 PM »
I have several waxes but my Downtown has Flat Black surfaces and Shiny painted ones mine is white and couldn't  not get the shine I had on my previous black bike.
So I started researching, most all sites said to use carnauba wax for the best shine and longest lasting protection and for the flat black to use Back to Black.
Well I purchased Mothers carnauba liquid Wax and Mothers Back to Black. The results are amazing. The Black to Black made all plastic and flat black surfaces come to life, even that my bike is new with 400 miles on it, then I used the Wax and it gives that Wet look and mirror finish. I had waxed my bike before this and used Armor All on black surfaces but din't like the shiny finish of Armor all. The black look real deep black and the wax is wow even the windshield. Looks so good I had to posted for everyone to read.

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: Wax for Downtown
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 03:07:03 AM »
Just avoid those panel joints, screw holes, etc. when using carnauba. When carnauba gets in and dries, you will see those white powdery stuff.... I use paint sealant instead of wax, it is more durable than carnauba, lasts longer, and easier to apply... 

LoveMyKymco

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 02:12:55 PM »
I was just thinking about waxing my new 04 jog clone. Thanks for the tips!
My 82 mph Killer Full MHR zx50 build (now 91 mph gps verified)
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=7795.0
My Fabrizi/MHR "can it cost anymore?" build
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=12146.0;topicseen

lizzaanne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 01:04:58 PM »
VIVO, Would you mind sharing the name of the paint sealant you use?  I purchased a white DT a week ago and want to keep it in as like-new of condition as possible.  :) Am very glad I found this forum, it's great.  Kindest Regards & Thanks!

Joe7911

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 01:25:06 PM »
Like I said Mothers Brand. Back to Black for all flat black, plastic seat everything black. and either Carnauba Wax or Mothers Synthetic Wax. I used the Carnauba Wax on mine and had great results, at that time the store was outré of the synthetic. They say the synthetic does not leave any residue like regular wax. Either one is good and then I use the spray showtime to wipe down between waxing. The surface on the bike is like a mirror. Very happy with Mothers product. BAck to Black is awesome, I have different products to protect the black from fading but mover seen nothing as good as Back to Black. I live in Miami everything here fades fast so far this one application is holding up real well.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 01:27:51 PM by Joe7911 »

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 05:31:20 AM »
VIVO, Would you mind sharing the name of the paint sealant you use?  I purchased a white DT a week ago and want to keep it in as like-new of condition as possible.  :) Am very glad I found this forum, it's great.  Kindest Regards & Thanks!

Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 05:33:00 AM by Vivo »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()