Author Topic: Horn Relay  (Read 1012 times)

HOHO

• View Profile
Horn Relay
« on: May 07, 2013, 01:19:52 AM »
Hi everyone, I'm back with more questions.  Has anyone had problems with the horn relay on their bike?  Mine is X500RI 2008.  I had 2 horns installed so I can be heard if I'm not seen and all of a sudden they died on me.  I'm pretty sure it's the relay.  Anyone know where I can get the part number?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks. :)

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
Re: Horn Relay
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 02:09:45 AM »
   I checked the horn relay in 300i downtown and there is none in the parts list, the same as exc. 500 I will trace the wires on my scoot tomorrow, as it is stripped down ,looking for a dead short , looks like my starter relay jamed and it fryed my battery, a new one should be in tomorrow,.    new starter relay ,  new battery ,.  what else????   I bought a Wolo air horn,  it gives a pretty big blast,.  good enough with one horn,  two horns you will need a relay, as they are heavy on the juice, 

jerryw

• View Profile
Re: Horn Relay
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 08:47:55 PM »
I had an air horn on my Piaggio.  The instructions were to wire it separate from the existing system because it draws more power and the bike system was not built for it.  You were to wire it directly to the battery but the positive passes through another relay that acts as a switch to turn it on.  Those on/off wires run off some wire that come from the horn wire, activating the second horn when the first blows.

Most of us installed a whole new circuit that was activated by the bike starting.  My second circuit had about 6 positions (each with it's own fuse).  I ran a sound system, gps, led lights and dash board 12v receptacle off mine.  It worked well.  The horn could have been installed in my second circuit.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()