Author Topic: ..Are you a ride warrior?...  (Read 16009 times)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: ..Are you a ride warrior?...
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2010, 02:04:17 AM »
..you're not gettin' it...i WANT IT TO BE ONE!!!

..if just to sell you spare parts...lmao!!...

..squish......
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2010, 02:08:53 AM »
Slinger~ You ARE one
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2010, 02:12:18 AM »
...that's what she said...

...then there was this flash of instant pain on my left cheek....

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2010, 02:13:28 AM »
All of a sudden EVERYTHING I knew was gone...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

griffon_j9

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2010, 05:41:38 AM »
for some reason I want to add the words "in bed"  at the end of each sentance of wordslinger and zombies posts  :P

lol

well tomorrow (errr should say today now that I see the time) I am going to get prices on an xc500 and trade price for me GV250)  lets see what happens.... may have a new bike soon :)!!
2010 Red Xciting 500RI  51 MPG so far

TPococke

• Pueblo, Colorado United States
  • "Life is Good!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2010, 01:42:11 PM »
I began riding a Kymco because of a deal I couldn't refuse. My wife has an Aprilia Scarabeo 200 scooter that the dealer decided is a lemon. So to get out of the service contract we had on the Aprilia they sold me the Kymco 500R at cost.
Now I ride a Kymco because I absolutely love it. By the way my wife still uses the Aprilia to commute to work everyday and she hasn't had another problem with it.
I guess the dealer jumped the gun. Worked out great for me.
Just remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

shubonker

• View Profile
    • a motorcycle blog
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2010, 03:00:42 PM »
Damnit guys, i completely overpaid for my kymco :(  Yet it was still the cheapest scooter in the dealer. 

Cloud

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2010, 07:02:33 PM »
In 2004, I went shopping for a (transportation) scooter. I was going to buy a Twist & Go for $1000. I asked and talked to the owner and to the mechanic at the Motor Sports dealership in San Diego. After about 2 hours of bothering them, the owner told me that the Kymco was engineered much better than anything He had for sale. He also told me that his shop could take care of any problem that might arise. So I rode off on a People 50 for $2500 and a free helmet. They (Kymco and owner) have lived up to his given word.

With your permission I am getting off the thread, but I need some information. Now they (Motor Sports) are selling the new Stella ($4500 out the door.) I think that Genuine is the company that now produces them.
It is a 150cc (4 stroke) and the smog issue has been solved for California standards. Does anyone know anything about the company and/or the scooter?

« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 01:13:16 AM by Cloud »

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2010, 11:50:16 PM »
..passed a powder blue ppl 50 on the way to work this morning...

..he hadda milk crate strapped to the back...

..now that's just classic....

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2010, 11:53:32 PM »
With your permission I am getting off the thread, but I need some information. Now they (Motor Sports) are selling the new Stella ($4500 out the door.) I think that Genuine is the company that now produces them.
It is a 150cc (4 stroke) and the smog issue has been solved for California standards. Does anyone know anything about the company and/or the scooter?

The Stella 2-stroke was produced by LML, India, and was a pretty good scooter for what it was. Not sure if LML is building the new 4-stroke or not, but it's nearly identical to the 2-stroke, cosmetically, but is an inch or so longer in wheelbase. The 4-stroke hasn't landed on my dealer's floor, yet, but should shortly.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2010, 11:55:19 PM »
..jpres, you have a people 250...

..did you see the "save money" post there?

..guy hadda concern about the steering...

bniesen

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2010, 07:00:00 PM »
2005 Kymco People 50 2T 2200 miles, does 45-50 mph (according to speedo), bought for $1000 at a garage sale. I liked the looks of the larger rims. needs paint and CVT kit, we'll see from there. I use it as my commuter, Wife takes our only car to work and hauling the kids around until we can afford a larger vehicle.
I'm to poor for a tuner car or a muscle car, this scoot is my new hobby!

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2010, 09:49:19 PM »
..jpres, you have a people 250...

..did you see the "save money" post there?

..guy hadda concern about the steering...

No; can you point me?  A recent post on the P250 board?

Tony M

• Kymco '09 Super 8 125
    • View Profile
    • Life According to Tony
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2010, 09:31:11 AM »
I looked at a couple of Chinese scooters,  sold under the brand of a Zoot 125 & a Zinmoto 125 here in Australia. The Zoot was a Baotian & I can't remember about the Zinmoto. After reading a lot of reviews & talking to a few people I was concerned about the quality of them. They both sold for $2500 AUD. I looked around a few other dealers at dearer scooters & was considering a Kymco Super 8 125 $4000, a Yamaha Beewee 100 2 stroke $3800, Yamaha Cygnus 125 $5200, Sym VS 125 which from memory was also over $5000.

I was buying a scooter to commute to work & didn't really want to spend that much. Even $4000 seemed a lot after looking at the prices on the Chinese scoots but I guess you only get what you pay for. My final choices based on price came down to the Super 8 & the Beewee. I had a Yamaha RD400 many years ago & I traded it on a Honda CB400 Super Sport after only a month as I just didn't like the feel of the 2 stroke engine. For only $200 more than the Beewee I could get a four stroke so I settled on the Super 8 plus I really liked the style of it. I have just clocked up it's 900th kilometre this weekend & all has been good so far with no problems of any sort. I really love this scooter & think it's great to ride.
Been scooterin' since March 2010 & luvin' it :-D

norcal1

• 05 Kymco Grand Vista(Dink)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2010, 11:16:09 PM »
I initially looked at Japanese scooters but was put off by the prices. I thought the GV250 was a pretty good deal. So far the only complaint I have is the body panels are a pain to take off.

As for the Genuine scooter:I recently bought a Yamaha FJR 1300. The dealer also carries Genuine scooters so I looked them over while waiting for the almighty paperwork. I wasn't impressed with the fit and finish(especially the finish) or even the quality of some of the materials. Other than that I know little about them but from what I've seen I'd be wary. Good luck! :)
Proud owner of a Grand Vista

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()