Author Topic: How many miles on your Like?  (Read 5208 times)

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
Re: How many miles on your Like?
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2013, 01:12:15 AM »
Hi all, I have had my 2012 Like 200i right at a year and it just turned over 4050 miles. I have made a few modifications that both make the scoot faster and also more comfortable. My next mod is to make the seat all day comfortable. I got caught in a Toad browner the other day without my rain gear and I was impressed with the protection of my windshield. Jeff

Hey Jeff, fill us in on the mods you've done. Always interested in hearing what other owners do to sweet-in their ride.

JOB

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2013, 03:08:05 AM »
TroutBum, I added the windshield, backrest, drink holder, white wall tires, and I modified the intake track by removing the restriction at the inlet to the air box. I replaced the inlet tube with a larger (1 1/4") inlet tube and  replaced the paper filter with a K&M flat foam washable filter element. Last month I replaced the stock belt with a Malossi Kevlar belt and I replaced the stock plug with a performance plug. I am able to cruise at 60 mph with a top speed so far of 63 and i am getting as high as 70 mpg. I just got back from a 60 mile after dinner ride. I am in the process of reshaping the stock seat foam and adding 2" of memory foam to make the seat long ride friendly. I wish the Like had a 2 or 3 gallon tank as the rest of the bike begs for long rides. Ride safe. Jeff

pwy58

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2013, 03:16:37 PM »
What windshield are you using, JOB?

JOB

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2013, 09:07:58 PM »
PWY58, I am using a Faco that I got from Scooterworks.com It is small but provides great protection even in the rare rainfall we get here in Farmington, NM JOB/

SonicSix

• 2012 Like 200i
    • View Profile
    • My Scooter Site
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2013, 09:35:25 PM »
May 14th: Left the house this morning at 2,015 miles, got back home with 2,160 miles.

I'm slacking but I just rolled over 2500 miles on a ride this morning. Was out looking for Munzees and ended up putting about 85 miles on the odometer today.  I fully expect to hit 7500 miles before years end.  I had a picture of my starting mileage for this year but danged if I can find it now.  /sigh
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 09:45:17 PM by SonicSix »
2012 Kymco Like 200i Black and Blue
White Bell Revolver EVO Modular Helmet with Dark Smoke Shield
States I have scootered in...

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2013, 04:41:56 AM »
Still adding miles. As of tonight I have 3,408 miles.  ;D

kriden

• 2012 Like 200i
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2013, 02:29:04 PM »
Hi all, I have had my 2012 Like 200i right at a year and it just turned over 4050 miles. I have made a few modifications that both make the scoot faster and also more comfortable. My next mod is to make the seat all day comfortable. I got caught in a Toad drowner the other day without my rain gear and I was impressed with the protection of my windshield. Jeff

Now THAT is a nice looking Like!  Very nice, love the white walls.  PLEASE keep us posted on your plans for the seat.  My plan now is to look for an external seat pad that attaches to the outside.  But, most likely I will hold off until the season ends and have gel inserts implanted and/or a mod to the seat pan.  Something HAS to be done about this seat. OMG. 
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 02:43:24 PM by kriden »

kriden

• 2012 Like 200i
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2013, 02:40:11 PM »
TroutBum, I added the windshield, backrest, drink holder, white wall tires, and I modified the intake track by removing the restriction at the inlet to the air box. I replaced the inlet tube with a larger (1 1/4") inlet tube and  replaced the paper filter with a K&M flat foam washable filter element. Last month I replaced the stock belt with a Malossi Kevlar belt and I replaced the stock plug with a performance plug. I am able to cruise at 60 mph with a top speed so far of 63 and i am getting as high as 70 mpg. I just got back from a 60 mile after dinner ride. I am in the process of reshaping the stock seat foam and adding 2" of memory foam to make the seat long ride friendly. I wish the Like had a 2 or 3 gallon tank as the rest of the bike begs for long rides. Ride safe. Jeff

Very nice post (and mods). Thanks for the update.  I have done pretty much what you have with exception of replacing air filter. I have also installed Dr. Pulleys (14g) sliders. I too can "hit" 60 but the "cruising" sweet spot for me is 45-55 mph (I uh...am...uh...assuming I am a bit heavier than you....let's say I have a "friend" who is about 230lbs?).  But she has PLENTY of acceleration and pulls strong on hills, so I think I have squeezed as much as should be squeezed out of this 163cc scoot.  If I need more speed, I'll buy a used Reflex 250 or something bigger etc.
The seat...oh the seat!  Gonna have to shell out some more $ or get really crafty to do something my-self.  But can you imagine if this thing had a seat like what they get on a Buddy, Vespa or Hondas?  Don't think I'd ever use my car again.   

Dolemite

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2013, 07:59:46 PM »
Just hit 8,000 while running to the gas station to get some fuel for the lawnmower. Wish it was a more exciting occasion. That makes 6k in just over a year. I got my Like last April with 2k miles on her. No problems so far. These are great scoots.

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2013, 10:00:17 PM »
Just hit 8,000 while running to the gas station to get some fuel for the lawnmower. Wish it was a more exciting occasion. That makes 6k in just over a year. I got my Like last April with 2k miles on her. No problems so far. These are great scoots.

That's some serious mileage for a scooter. I have a month and a half before I hit the one year mark. I hope to be at 4,500 miles by then.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()