Author Topic: dipstick  (Read 1007 times)

moparkid

• View Profile
dipstick
« on: May 11, 2013, 07:32:40 PM »
So I just changed the oil in the DT for the first time and dang if I didnt go break the flimsy plastic dipstick. On top of that I lost the checkered piece that broke off. Its not inside the crankcase or anything. I was carrying it in my hand with the oil pan and empty oil can and must have dropped it. Would any of you be so kind as to measure the length of the checkered part so I can fabricate something to check the oil until a replacement part arrives. Thank you.

Russell

Philly

• View Profile
Re: dipstick
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 09:19:36 PM »
The checkered part on mine measures 35mm. That is only the checked part though.

Joe7911

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 10:05:00 PM »
You can try  http://www.kymcopartsmonster.com They sell Kymco parts. I would call them and see how fast they can mail you one.
They supposed to carry all original parts.
Good Luck

moparkid

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 01:05:24 AM »
Thank you Joe and thank you Philly. I did find a kymco site that sells parts...the dipstick was (is) only around 6 bucks....but heres what kills me....shipping is 15.....lol...I ship 8-10 pound guitars all the time and since I use USPS and parcel post it only costs about 21 bucks. So what I see is that it costs a mere 6 bucks more to ship 8-10 lbs versus an object that weights less than 4 ounces. Ahhhh well....what are ya gonna do.....

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()