Author Topic: West Coast Powersports in St Pete, florida. - DO NOT USE  (Read 1257 times)

houndguy

• Fear the mangy mutt!
  • Your idiotism amuses me.
    • View Profile
    • Scooter Revolution!
West Coast Powersports in St Pete, florida. - DO NOT USE
« on: May 17, 2013, 04:47:06 PM »
 >:( >:( >:( I purchased a motorcycle with warranty from this dealer back in March. They failed to process the warranty correctly leading to an interesting phone call. I bought a motorcycle in Feb from them. I also purchased an extended warranty. The company failed to process the extended warranty correctly, despite other payments going through correctly on my debit card (helmet, etc). The company failed to contact me for over 3 months in this regard. The bill then went to collections. My bank has no record of them even attempting to collect these funds till May.

Andy, the general manager, failed to listen to me in this regard repeating that they had numerous failures. He later admitted that the company did not have the correct authorization information. After I requested that he take one payment out and that I would pay off the balance with a money order within the week. He took two payments resulting in my account being frozen (My bank knows my history and personality. They assumed there was a problem when 2 payments came through in large amounts). He then refused to release the hold. My girlfriend, whose name also appears on the account, called him only to be insulted by him. Andy referred to me as an "asshole" as well.

Not only is this extremely unprofessional but very upsetting to me. I have had nothing but warm fuzzy feelings for that dealership till this moment. I own my business and have been in the process of repairing my credit. If payment is not received in 30 days on my end I'm on the phone figuring out what went on. Now I will admit I was not keeping a close eye on my personal account as I do my business accounts, otherwise I would have realized there was an issue. Now I will have to gather records from my bank showing the credit agencies that no attempt to collect was ever made just to keep my credit history clean.

Am I angry? Yes. Have I sent a complaint to the Better Business Bureau (which they are not a member of)? Yes. Will I post this to other boards and file complaints with other agencies? Oh, yes.

Will I ever use there service again or recommend them again? No.

Sorry for the rant but hopefully someone else will learn from my mistakes.
Just another scooter blog - http://www.2smallerwheels.blogspot.com

keith217

• View Profile
Re: West Coast Powersports in St Pete, florida. - DO NOT USE
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 06:16:33 PM »
Wow. That sucks. Sounds like a nightmare situation to be in. Personally, I would be steaming out my ears. I would go in there and raise hell for them, and if that doesn't get them to correct it WITH penalties for what they did to my reputation. I would go ahead and retain councel and go on a PR blast reaming them until they understood what they had to do to do it right.

Theres just too many rinky dink dealerships out there to avoid this  :-\ :-X

houndguy

• Fear the mangy mutt!
  • Your idiotism amuses me.
    • View Profile
    • Scooter Revolution!
Re: West Coast Powersports in St Pete, florida. - DO NOT USE
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 09:11:24 PM »
Wow. That sucks. Sounds like a nightmare situation to be in. Personally, I would be steaming out my ears. I would go in there and raise hell for them, and if that doesn't get them to correct it WITH penalties for what they did to my reputation. I would go ahead and retain councel and go on a PR blast reaming them until they understood what they had to do to do it right.

Theres just too many rinky dink dealerships out there to avoid this  :-\ :-X

Sadly they are a pretty good sized dealer.  That's what upsets me so. 
Just another scooter blog - http://www.2smallerwheels.blogspot.com

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()