Author Topic: Family Tour 15 & 16 May  (Read 1425 times)

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Family Tour 15 & 16 May
« on: May 18, 2013, 04:19:01 PM »
Had a great tour, wife, me, four dogs and one parrot on two scoots to Bell Buckle, TN via Pottsville, TN for the Marcy-Jo Cafe. The scoots, DT 300i and Like 200i did well as to be expected and we did amazingly well since the tail-bone pain of the previous scoots was missing. I loved my Yager and she adored her Buddy 150 but the seats on both of them were a little hard, to say the least. These different scoots really do everything quite well. Ya just gotta eat something at Marcy-Jo's! It is at the junction of 412/99 and 431. Bell Buckle is a little, bitty town that seems to be famous for the OLD buildings that have turned into typical "gift shops" and one exceptional cafe. Nothing there for guys except eats but a legitimate excuse for a ride. Weather was great and the ride memorable. It don't get no better than that.

Karl

PS: Darn! This shoulda gone in Roadcraft.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 04:28:21 PM by CROSSBOLT »
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
good for you and the wife
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 06:21:59 PM »
You are not far from Falls Creek Falls State Park. Another good destination.
Me and the wife spent a few days there a few years back and had a good relaxing time.
The only thing I don`t like about the Park is they won`t let you use your own boats on the lake. That stinks!
We kayak fish and like to use our own boats.
Good scooter ride though.
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

Charlie P

• View Profile
Re: Family Tour 15 & 16 May
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 10:15:09 PM »
Crossbolt- do you find the DT 300i to be significantly more comfortable than the Yager?  I'm looking to move up to the DT but it seems to be close to the seat feel of the my Yager.
Charlie P.
2013 Xciting 500Ri ABS
formerly 2010 Yager & 2008 Grand Vista
Near Haslet, TX (NW of Fort Worth)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 10:37:43 PM »
Hello,

Umm, can we see a photo of where the 4 dogs and esp. where the parrot was stationed for this ride?
I've been trying to convince my wife that there is room for the fish tank and the grand children when we go camping on my Like.
You Asian fellows are simply the masters when it comes loading a scooter!
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 08:27:51 PM »
New Yager Rider, my Yager had about 19000 miles when I traded it for the DT 300i and YES, the DT seat is more comfortable than the Yager. My tailbone(s) and lower back tell me this! The Yager is a great scoot and performs really well and I did NOT want a new/different bike. However, Dear Wife nearly insisted I get one and I dedided on the DT. My back and my butt are lots happier. MotoRandy has modified his seat right off so you may want to confer with him or check his threads on seat mods.

Stig, check my thread, "Selmer, TN to Springfield, MO and back" for pictures on how we carried our zoo on two scoots.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()