Author Topic: Lady Rider Joining the Super 8 Family. Exhaust question  (Read 1744 times)

shellybean

• View Profile
Lady Rider Joining the Super 8 Family. Exhaust question
« on: May 19, 2013, 10:10:51 AM »
I am getting ready to buy a Super 8 2T.  Every description I have read related to specs says that the bike comes stock with a performance exhaust.  Does this mean that I won't have to add an after-market performance exhaust to obtain best speed?  I have seen the Leo and Technigas referenced in posts but am confused.  If I do need a new performance exhaust can you please guide me as to which one mounts easiest and gives optimal performance.  Thanks ~ Shellybean

MotoRandy123

• Lets Ride!
    • View Profile
Re: Lady Rider Joining the Super 8 Family. Exhaust question
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 10:49:12 AM »
Well the stock pipe is OK but has some built in restrictions as a 50 should only do around 30 MPH
in some places. This video shows an exhaust mod some people do;

The mod gets you from 35 MPH to 42. An aftermarket pipe might get you to 50 on a good day.
The tuning of the pipe is critical on a 2 stroke to make maximum power so an aftermarket pipe
is a good idea if your looking for more power! The best one would be better answered by someone
who has tried a few.
2012 Yager GT 200I - Southern NH

shellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 10:57:57 AM »
I have to add, also, that I am brand new to scooters, period but have been told that Kymco is the best and since I'm small should go no more than 50 cc.  I want to be able to go 40-45 on it, though as I live in a larger city and don't want to bog down traffic driving it around.  Thanks again.

shellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 11:01:28 AM »
Thank you, MotoRandy!

ophelia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 09:57:26 PM »
Try taking smaller streets when possible. I find 50 cc riding to be more fun and enjoyable when I have time to enjoy the scenery. I think people sometimes get disappointed or intimidated trying to drive a 50 cc scooter on fast main roads like they would a car. Two-stroke is a great choice though for that extra punch up hills.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 10:01:58 PM by thesurgeonistherobot »
2011 Kymco Downtown 300i

pmoneysuper850

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 04:10:49 PM »
im still confused and have not purchased an after market exhaust because of the inconsistent feedback.  Have you installed one? if so how fast are you going?

Sinner

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 03:16:14 PM »
Pmoney I installed a Leo Vince ZX-R pipe and it made the performance worse.  I couldn't figure out why.  I added a high flow air filter, a 17.5mm carb, a longer belt, a Malossi 70cc conversion and still it had worse performance then when it was stock (stock with a smooth boss and 82 main jet that is).  I tried different weights and springs and nothing helped.  Finally yesterday I said screw it and put the stock exhaust back on.  Now the scooter flies.  It has great take off and pulls strong.  It topped out at about 44mph via gps and I weigh 215 pounds.  The difference is amazing.  So instead of spending money for an exhaust you can get the 70cc conversion instead. It is actually cheaper than the exhaust.  You can use the code SUMMER until June 8th 2013 and actually get 25% off so it is super cheap at $120 here  http://www.spi-parts.com/70-cc-big-bore-kit-for-kymco-people-50.html  Even without the code this is the cheapest place I have found this kit.  I am running a 105 main jet with this kit, a high flow air filter and the stock exhaust.  I also have a longer belt and unrestricted rear drive pulley but I don't know that they make any huge difference.  Either way the drive pulley can be gotten for about $25 so it doesn't break the bank.  I also have polini clutch which does allow the bike to rev higher before engaging.  This helps take off but shouldn't really have any impact on top speed. 

Nori

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2013, 11:20:42 AM »
@Sinner
never try old crap exhaust like leo vince on kymco
you can see them on a lot of yamaha aerox but as you find out its crap
with all this modifications you did its sure the kymco would fly
but instead you spent a lot of money instead you could buy 125cc if you are 18
im not going to tune more , moving to 125cc soon
but the re-sale price in my country is so damn low
while i get the scooter from italy and i live in balkan

geedubyoo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2013, 12:58:16 AM »
I recently had a Leo Vince pipe installed along with necessary jetting and more than doubled my horsepower at the rear wheel. This was verified on a dyno. Along with this, a Malossi variator was installed along with a racing clutch.  The stock top speed was 27-28 mph on a level road with W.O.T. I can now cruise 30-35 mph with partial throttle, the bike easily does 40+ mph and holding W.O.T. long enough will hit 45+ mph. Moderate hills which used to slow me down are just the opposite now as I am accelerating on them.  Also it was found that my compression was out of spec by ~ 24 psi, so once that is corrected, there may be a modest additional gain.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()