Author Topic: Spark plug and sliders  (Read 2411 times)

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
Spark plug and sliders
« on: May 19, 2013, 04:48:14 PM »
    Just passed 500 miles on my scoot and did my second oil, filter, and tranny fluid change. Ready to put in my Iridium spark plug and Dr. pulley 14g sliders. How much plastic do I have to remove to accomplish these tasks? I looked quickly and couldn't even see the spark plug.
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS  Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics, Battery Tender ring terminal cable, LED tag light.         
Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i ABS

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
Re: Spark plug and sliders
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 05:21:29 PM »
Mrmike, I hope someone here will be willing to help you. Personally, I cannot answer your questions.
I am getting really frustrated with not being able to find information on our Gt s.
I have looked for a GT service manual on the internet till i`m blue in the face.
There is one place that list the service manual but, it will not let you see what you are buying.
On the DT forum someone posted a PDF service manual for the DT. I looked at it and it looks more like an owners manual than a service manual. Detail is not good at all. Torque specs. etc..
As time goes along, GT owners will desperately need good information in the form of a DETAILED service manual to keep our machines on the road and running good.
If I locate some good information, I will post it on the GT forum.
I hope other GT owners will do the same.
I too am considering Dr Pully sliders.
I am confused about something. From the get go, we have heard that the are differences in hp and variators between the GT and DT.
Here is where I get confused. When you go to websites and look at parts for the DT and GT, wala, parts for both are the same. What gives?.
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 07:30:47 PM »
    to replace spark plug   remove seat and tub under neath,.  the spark plug can be found by following the plug wire to it ,. good light helps,. it took me about 1 min.  to find the plug the first time,. I wish I new more about computers so I could send pictures,.   about sliders remove tranny cover off ,.  if it is the same as DT. plastic cover then metal cover,. and your looking at the tranny,. im pack gun to remove bolts,. if not you need a two pin holder to hold the variator while you remove nut.  same as cam gear holder but smaller pins.       good luck with the job,. 

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 07:28:11 AM »
Actually, this is the problem with all of our scoots... we just find it very difficult to remove the plastic panels and to access the insides... However, I managed to do some panel removals with the help of my local club and local websites...

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 10:26:47 AM »
    to replace spark plug   remove seat and tub under neath,.  the spark plug can be found by following the plug wire to it ,. good light helps,. it took me about 1 min.  to find the plug the first time,. I wish I new more about computers so I could send pictures,.   about sliders remove tranny cover off ,.  if it is the same as DT. plastic cover then metal cover,. and your looking at the tranny,. im pack gun to remove bolts,. if not you need a two pin holder to hold the variator while you remove nut.  same as cam gear holder but smaller pins.       good luck with the job,.

de dee

Thanks for the insight about the spark plug. I have a impact wrench and all the tools to change my rollers to sliders. I already did it on my last scooter (People 150). I'm just concerned with how much plastic I have to remove to get to the tranny cover. They don't make it very easy for us DIY'RS do they.
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS  Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics, Battery Tender ring terminal cable, LED tag light.         
Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i ABS

Scootaloot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 01:44:45 AM »
Mr.Mike, There is very little tuperware to deal with to get to the variator.The only nub I ran into was the push pin they used for the passenger footrest. The air cleaner is locked down like the gold at Fort Knox :)

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 03:48:48 AM »
  the tranny cover is out in the open at the rear wheel,  5 little bolts it comes off,  then 8 bolts and the alum cover is off,.take it easy taking it off wiggle a lot ,.  watch for the round guides,dont get lost,  a touch of motor oil helps next time,.   have fun !

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 11:09:39 PM »
  Thanks for the input guys. Next rainy day we get, I'll give it a try. Will let you know how I did.

UPDATE:  Installed sliders and iridium spark plug yesterday (5/26). Very happy with results.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 11:15:02 PM by mrmike »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()