Author Topic: Anyone notice the amount of rubber dust that collects on the rear tire?  (Read 1023 times)

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
I had not wiped down the rear tire in the past 500 miles. There was a lot of rubber dust from the belt that deposited on the rim and rear section of the scooter. What a mess. Anyone else notice there seems to be a lot of belt dust on the rear section of your Like?. 

tclhb

• View Profile
I clean my scooter two or so times a week. Just microfiber towels and water. There's no significant build up on mine since I keep it so clean.
Tom. Huntington Beach, California

Vivo

• View Profile
I clean my scoot every morning with water and microfiber also... once a week, I bathe my scoot.. shampoo... et. al. ....  once a month, general detailing... remove seat, battery compartment, plates, pipe heat shield and tip cover...

JOB

• View Profile
TroutBum, When I replaced the stock belt last month I noticed a good deal of black belt dust in the CVT. I just cleaned it out and checked everything and all looked well. I am keeping the old belt (only has 3900 miles on it) for my spare. Jeff

exhalent99

• View Profile
I did notice the dust on the rim the first time I did the oils.  You have to slowly rotate the rear wheel while draining the gear oil...By the time I was done my hand was black.  It is now a part of the weekly cleaning.

Also, CVT belt dust cleaning video coming in a few days!
I Like you.  Do you Like me?

PassedByAScooter

• View Profile
I have the same issue with my Yager 200i. I looked into it, and it seems my belt is wearing oddly. I think it's time to replace it. Good luck with yours!

2010 Kymco Yager
2009 Kymco Agility 125

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
Went to the dealer today and had them take a look. The belt is wearing as it should.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()