Author Topic: Once again the clutch gets noisey.  (Read 8753 times)

sissy mary

• View Profile
Re: Once again the clutch gets noisey.
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2013, 12:13:49 PM »
Good to here.  :-*

TeamTEOR2

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2015, 10:07:42 PM »
So is that clutch chatter harmful? I am presently feeling this however the scooter feels great otherwise. I took the housing off today to inspect things. My belt looks great but the outer metal housing had a very slight coating of grease on it. I gave it a light wipe up to remove the light dust build up (figuring that is why the layer was there). The bell housing, pulleys, and other parts inside all seems clean to me with no residue. The outer bearing to the drive shaft (on the outer metal housing) had perfect-smooth action.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 10:25:15 PM by TeamTEOR2 »

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2015, 10:36:41 PM »
On my 300i downtown,  I found some oil on the (cover) of the variator & clutch,.  from over filling the gear rear end,.  dripping from the air intake , took that apart and cleaned all the oil that was in there,. now I measure very carefully ,. to never over fill ,.  finally getting this metric crap in my head, 

TeamTEOR2

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2015, 03:15:15 PM »
When I did the service on the rear end I used a syringe to measure out the oil. Found it at Walmart.

I will be ordering up some new clutch parts because that chatter is upsetting me and I am afraid to take the bike out on a long drive up the mountains because of it. I'll post up some pictures of what I encounter when I do that service.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()