Author Topic: Suzuki gz 250 more or less speed/power  (Read 1339 times)

scarlett

• View Profile
Suzuki gz 250 more or less speed/power
« on: June 01, 2013, 08:41:40 PM »
I'm thinking of buying a 2000 gz250 motorcycle. If anyone has ridden one and can compare to the speed and power of the
P250 I'd really appreciate hearing from you. Thanks.

MaryK

• View Profile
Re: Suzuki gz 250 more or less speed/power
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 08:55:54 PM »
In my opinion:
It can be difficult to compare the power of engines that have different types of transmissions.
A typical motorcycle (MC) has a manual transmission and the engine starts operation at low RPMs where it has little power.
A scooter with CVT operates its engine at optimum RPM most of the time, so it may out pull a MC at lower speeds.
Usually an engine with a manual transmission will be better performing at higher MPH, given similar Horsepower.

Given that,  The GZ250 has much more HP than the TU250.  And the 2000 model has a bit more than the later GZ250s.

Now, to await reports for riders of both.

Scoot safely,

New Rider in 2010

2009 GrandVista 250

ophelia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 04:10:39 PM »
I imagine the power will roughly be the same, with the People 250 being punchier off the line like MaryK suggests. I recommend a test ride. I haven't rode a Marauder 250 since my motorcycle school days, but it was a pretty gutless and unintimidating bike. Go take it for a test ride if you have your license and see if the Marauder's power band works for you.

Personally, I find seating position and visibility from the cockpit more interesting to compare between the People and the Marauder.
2011 Kymco Downtown 300i

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 02:26:59 AM »
It's an entry level bike... all rounder... like MaryK mentioned it might have a better top speed having a 5 speed tranny... but since it's light, full speed is not recommended... maybe 70 mph at best... one thing's for sure though... the Marauder can't "scoot"....   ;)

Punk052

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 08:22:45 PM »
general 250 power rules go:
Least to most powerful - air cooled single, air cooled twin, liquid cooled single, liquid cooled twin, 2 stroke

The compression on the liquid cooled engines is higher and offers more power, the twins offer more power strokes per rotation, the two strokes offer the same but with higher flowing head designs and forced induction through the crank case.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()