Author Topic: spark plug  (Read 2164 times)

moparkid

• View Profile
spark plug
« on: June 05, 2013, 05:06:40 PM »
Ok all.....fastest method to change/check/clean spark plug. Any suggestions?

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: spark plug
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 08:12:17 PM »
I own a LIKE 200i, so no help with getting to your plug...
But, Unless you're running an iridium plug (=3x price of reg. plug) Why clean....just check for proper gap and pop a new one in for, what, 3 bucks?
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

moparkid

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 08:51:01 PM »
Well I was covering all the bases....basically what I was asking was how to get to it....do I need to remove body panels, seat? I only have 2000 miles on the new scoot but you know how it is, you just want to tinker and get a feel for what is required to do basic maintenence.

maxhush

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 09:12:52 PM »
You don't have to remove and body panels or the seat the get at it on the DT300i.  Folks here in the forums have posted that it's possible to change without removing stuff (except for possibly the exhaust nuts, which the dealership did to switch my standard plug for an NGK iridium at my first service, then either reinstalled the two exhaust manifold nuts improperly or forgot to put them back on, they made good on it -- if this ever happens to you, and hopefully it doesn't, while they're ordering and you're waiting on the proper long capped metric replacement nuts and lock washers, you can use an 8M metric nut you can get at Lowes for under a dollar for a bag of four, btw).
2013 Kymco Downtown 300i
2010 Honda SH150i

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 09:16:00 PM »
   just remove the seat & the tub watch for the plug at the rear and the plug for the light,.  and you have clear access to the plug,. installing new plug remove screw cap,.  on plug,. and smooth riding, 

moparkid

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2013, 02:08:31 AM »
Thank you Max, thank you dedee

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()