Author Topic: Headlight  (Read 2839 times)

Jarek

• View Profile
Headlight
« on: July 18, 2009, 03:16:01 AM »
Is there anyway to get a brighter headlight i have the brightest stock bulb and i want to put like a bright hallogen or HId and kits out there for such a task?

Shaka

• View Profile
Re: Headlight
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 04:47:51 AM »
I have been thinking about that myself.  I would really like to do an HID.  I have one from my car I'm not using.  I haven't tried it yet though.  I am a little leery about not having a nice sealed projector setup.  I'm also not sure about the somewhat variable voltage output.  I think in theory it should work, it is only a 35 watts.  It was just a very expensive headlight to mess up!  Keep us posted on what you find out as far as kits.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 02:46:27 AM »
Hey, Yeah you can use a 35 watt hallogen fog lamp bulb. they have a male spade connection on them for the ground. I put the positive pig tail end to my hi beam lead from the switch. you can easily cut the factory socket to accept the mounting boss on the bulb. I did this because the fact. bulb is $7.00 compared to 3.95 for the fog lamp. The bonus is it burns MUCH brighter, and requires exactly the same amperage as the  Fact. bulb. Don't be tempted to use a Larger rated bulb as this will over work the stator-rectifier, and switch.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Jarek

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 02:57:47 AM »
thanx il look into that, what company was the bulb from and how does it look like? do u have any pictures of how it looks installed and on?

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 03:37:57 AM »
I did that when i first got my scoot. It didn't have one when i got it. Anyways, it melted the plastic around the edge of the socket a little. Just make sure it isn't touching any of the housing at all, and keep an eye on it. It was bright though!

Jarek

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2009, 05:20:14 AM »
k thanx

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 01:48:45 AM »
You can pick up the bulb at any auto parts house, and most good hardware stores. I dont have picts., but the bulb has a metal base the size of a nickle w/ a male spade connector on one side. use a dremmel tool to remove the plastic in the factory socket and the new bulb will fit snug. I used a small dab of 3m 5200 marine adhiesive to keep it in place. P.s. Don't touch the bulb w/ bare hands . your skin oil will cook the crystall lens causing a shortened life. use isopropal alchol to clean the bulb after install.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 06:42:33 PM »
I think they are H3 bulbs. Could be H1, i don't remember.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()