Author Topic: What type of helmet do you ride with?  (Read 2199 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: What type of helmet do you ride with?
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2013, 09:55:51 PM »
If more was better, we wouldn't be riding scooters

When people ask me what helmet to get I tell them to buy the helmet that they will actually wear every time they get on the bike. That's the best one. The one hanging from the back of the bike or that you will skip putting on to go down to the corner store because it is uncomfortable is no good.

Amen.....goes for all the other gear as well. Looking for a mesh armored very hi viz summer jacket...my frogg hi viz is waterproof and like wearing a plastic bag on hot days. BUT I DO see people staring at me so I now that hi viz color is working. So, hot or not - I put it on every time!! HIGHLY recommend the hi viz colors for scooter riders!!
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Carol

• Brainerd, Minnesota
  • Look me up on facebook !
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2013, 05:12:33 AM »
 This one is comfortable, though a bit warm in July.  Still wear it everytime!
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to skid in broadside , thoroughly used up , totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!!"

Demps

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2013, 04:07:46 AM »
Vega xt half helmet hi viz yellow. Nice and cool in the Florida heat and fits in the under seat storage. Seems a little bulky would probably get the xta model for the extra $20. Drawback is sometimes you get road grit hitting you in the face from the car in front of you.

ScooterCommuter

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2013, 04:14:28 AM »
Fulmer M1 modular.
Pro: Modular, comfortable.
Con: Noisy, even with earplugs.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()