Author Topic: Gloves...  (Read 1106 times)

Vivo

• View Profile
Gloves...
« on: June 13, 2013, 06:02:39 AM »
Sometimes I wear gloves, sometimes not.... yeah yeah... what if I fall, etc.    I usually wear gloves with full gear when riding long trips, but not on short trips... I just can't handle lots of things swiftly with gloves on... like getting money from wallet, getting coins inside my pocket, handling papers, etc.  An alternative, is cycling gloves with cut fingers but usually I ride with none...

My gloves is the ICON Tarmac...

kingkymco125

• View Profile
Re: Gloves...
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 07:11:29 AM »
Gloves have become a part of my riding attire. I feel so naked without them.
David M.  Las Vegas, Nevada
New 2012 Kymco Agility 125cc bike

ophelia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 07:40:22 AM »
The space between my windscreen and instrument panel conveniently holds my gloves when I need to reach for my wallet at a toll booth. Some of you have handy glove boxes.
2011 Kymco Downtown 300i

maxhush

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 07:06:59 PM »
My leather trimmed gloves give me a better, more secure, grip on the throttle and the brakes, much "stickier" than just bare fingers, in addition to all the other reasons.
2013 Kymco Downtown 300i
2010 Honda SH150i

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 08:06:00 PM »
I'm using some kind of ICON glove, bright yellow and black leather....always working a way to increase my VIZ to the cars around me.  I wear them always ...
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 10:20:39 PM »
I wear 2 pair, one for warm weather which are black leather with plastic in the knuckles and a fully insulated leather pair for winter months with reflectors built into the back of the hands. I must admit on hot summer days I go bareback.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

ScooterCommuter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 04:21:27 AM »
I have a pair of summer-weight leather gloves with a kevlar lining that form the basis of my "glove system" and are responsible for abrasion protection at all times.

I add to these according to the weather and season as required. Thermal liners, waterproof shells or if the air is really cold a set of insulated overmitts.

I carefully picked each component so that they were able to be worn together without impeding my ability to hit the controls on the bars.

Never EVER ride without my hands protected.

JOB

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 09:00:34 PM »
Vivo, I'm like you I don't always wear gloves to go to the corner store, etc. When the weather is warm I have a pair of fingerless gloves I have worn through the last 8 or 9 bikes. I have never liked the added bulk of gloves, in the winter I wear the lightest pair I can get by with, and in the summer I wear the fingerless gloves when on the road. Other than off road riding 30 years ago I haven't gone down on a bike in over 45 years, and I have always had a bike to ride. Personally you just have to weigh the risks verses the benefits of enjoying the ride. Jeff

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2013, 01:55:27 AM »
JOB: I am more confident and have more control if I can "feel" the handlebars... Wearing gloves makes me a bit conscious of what my hands are doing...and I feel "unsafe" Well, that's just me.  But I wear them on long rides... I also use them fingerless ones...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()