Author Topic: Installing skid plates on a Grand Vista  (Read 1142 times)

scooterbaby

• View Profile
Installing skid plates on a Grand Vista
« on: June 19, 2013, 02:12:11 AM »
Hi - new member to the forum, will be picking up a used 2009 GV this weekend.  I want to order the Diamond plate for the front and back pedal area and just wondering if they're easy to install or will I need to take to a Kymco dealer to have them do it?  Does anyone know and/or have pics of their Kymco where they've installed the plates themselves?

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
Re: Installing skid plates on a Grand Vista
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 07:12:17 PM »
I got the checker plate cut out in our machine shop at work from a paper template i made. Used strong double sided rubber tape to stick it down then black siliconed round the edges to finish it off. Been on for nearly 2 yrs now with no issues.

Chaos is my co-pilot.

scooterbaby

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 08:36:53 PM »
Very, very nice Striedo and I especially like the center piece there:-)  Thank you for responding and including some pictures.....giving me ideas!

Urbestfriend

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 09:34:58 PM »
Under Xciting 250,   See Footrests,  Make Ur Own.  I also made a set for my Grandvista and attached them to the existing rubber floor mat.

scooterbaby

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 09:50:02 PM »
I'll check it out....you know I called and left a vm and emailed Cleveland Scooters about the Captain's seat/Touring Seat and I have not heard back from them.  I may have to order it directly from the Kymco dealer....I'm also hoping one shows up for sale online somewhere.  I believe they're around $200 - I don't mind paying that amount.  We'll see:-)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()