Author Topic: Apron  (Read 1078 times)

Vivo

• View Profile
Apron
« on: June 19, 2013, 07:42:01 AM »
Anybody here use a scooter apron?   Are they safe? I mean when you need to put your feet out in a jiffy?    They seem to shield a rider from light rain or cold wind...

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
Re: Apron
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 06:51:33 PM »
I looked at the aprons a few years ago but decided they look ridiculous so didnt buy one. Ended up buying an old US Army M-65 fishtail Parka, best thing i ever owned for wet weather riding, great for the cold in winter too. They act the same as an apron if you tie the strings round your legs and pull it down over your knees. I can even get away without waterproof trousers if its not too long a ride and i stay bone dry. You can pick them up pretty cheap from over Vietnam way off ebay, surplus stock from the war i guess.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 08:46:02 PM »
I don't, but several riders on the Modern Vespa forum use and love them.

ts1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 07:38:51 AM »
Anybody here use a scooter apron?
Have a cheap universal one, only fixed at hip and neck, covering from chest to floorboard. Without any restraint for your feet (might be different for scooter specific aprons fixed to the chassis).
Good for 50ccm speed, but not above or in wind gusts, its prone to buffeting. (Much less the scooter specific...)
Protection against rain or cold is very good, they really keep your legs warm.
The scooter aprons are very popular in France or Italy, Spain.
As my daily travel covers motorway (with 125cc and above), I don't use my universal apron any more.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()