Author Topic: Back tire sounds as if something is inside when on kick stand and I spin by hand  (Read 1414 times)

Jsquared

• View Profile
Back tire sounds as if something is inside when on kick stand and I spin by hand. I want to grease the rear wheel bearings but do not see a fitting and really don't know if I need a grease gun or what to do?   help!? Please

Vivo

• View Profile
Is there clunking inside the tire? You have no choice but to have it removed... whatever it is...

As for the bearing... you don't grease them because they are sealed... you replace them.... 

blue

• View Profile
check the gerar oil you may be geting low. and if its a loud sound I would check your back bracks a spring may of broke off. What side of the bike does it sound like its comeing from the clutch side or the muffler side of the bike.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
If its just a slight noise then its normal.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Jsquared

• View Profile
check the gerar oil you may be geting low. and if its a loud sound I would check your back bracks a spring may of broke off. What side of the bike does it sound like its comeing from the clutch side or the muffler side of the bike.

In this part of the owners manual it shows to grease rear wheel bearings? thats why I thought I had to. As for the clunking there is definitely something in the tire. (sorry I shouldn't say owners manual because I am not sure this is the owners manual it is a pdf from monsterscooter.com that has been helpful to me being I am a novice. This is the link.

http://docs.monsterscooterparts.com/kymco/Kymco_Agility_50.pdf
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 07:48:24 PM by Jsquared »

MotoRandy123

• Lets Ride!
    • View Profile
"Back tire sounds as if something is inside"

Well open it up and find out what they were trying to smuggle into the country!

Strange they call for greasing the wheel bearings as most are somewhat sealed and not meant to
opened. I have opened one side of some and added grease but wouldn't do it as regular maint...
2012 Yager GT 200I - Southern NH

Jsquared

• View Profile
In this part of the owners manual it shows to grease rear wheel bearings? thats why I thought I had to. As for the clunking there is definitely something in the tire. (sorry I shouldn't say owners manual because I am not sure this is the owners manual it is a pdf from monsterscooter.com that has been helpful to me being I am a novice. This is the link.

http://docs.monsterscooterparts.com/kymco/Kymco_Agility_50.pdf
ya the manual is for the 50- 125 so maybe it is the 125 they are talking about

blue

• View Profile
If its in the tire only thing it can be is maybe part of the valve stem. Or you will be geting a flat soon because something went threw it.

Vivo

• View Profile
"Back tire sounds as if something is inside"

Well open it up and find out what they were trying to smuggle into the country!

Strange they call for greasing the wheel bearings as most are somewhat sealed and not meant to
opened. I have opened one side of some and added grease but wouldn't do it as regular maint...

Yup, that's strange... maybe on old model scooters they have different kinds ob bearings.... Well, you can grease only if you can find a grease fitting somewhere...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()