Author Topic: where to find float bowl gasket  (Read 3187 times)

phatboy

• View Profile
where to find float bowl gasket
« on: June 26, 2013, 06:40:22 AM »
i buggered up my float bowl gasket when replacing jets, came misaligned when installing and got pinched, now wont seal, leaks gas

i am having a hard time finding a replacement. Local dealer doesnt stock these. Online I can only find entire carb rebuild kits and entire carbs (a whole carb for $30-$40? tempting, but rather stick with stock for now)

I'm in USA.
Agility 50 w/72cc BBK, A9 cam, stock airbox and exhaust (both drilled out), remove air tube restriction, stock head, stock carb, 105 main jet, CDI cut, smooth variator boss, stock variator w/5g rollers

blue

• View Profile
Re: where to find float bowl gasket
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 12:06:31 PM »
there is some liquid seal a gasket its black and you can use it around the carb I live on this stuff.
for the carb you just make a small line with it around the carb but stay on the out side as much as you can. put carb back together and let try for about 8 hours or over night is best. stuff realy works and if ya have take the carb apart again you can. you can find it in the auto stores.
come in many colors make sure you get the black.

phatboy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 04:43:09 PM »
Thanks I'll look for this stuff today

the waiting 8 hours part sucks for jet testing though, can really test just one jet per day

still would be nice to get a proper gasket though, if anyone knows anything let me know.
Agility 50 w/72cc BBK, A9 cam, stock airbox and exhaust (both drilled out), remove air tube restriction, stock head, stock carb, 105 main jet, CDI cut, smooth variator boss, stock variator w/5g rollers

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 02:14:31 AM »
Thanks I'll look for this stuff today

the waiting 8 hours part sucks for jet testing though, can really test just one jet per day

still would be nice to get a proper gasket though, if anyone knows anything let me know.
you dont know what size jet to use.

phatboy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 02:35:01 AM »
you dont know what size jet to use.
No i don't, I just installed a 72cc BBK and need to upjet

bought permatex form a gasket #2 today, put it on a bit ago but cant test ride until tomorrow

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2013, 11:30:46 PM »
thats the stuff works great hope your frist shot at it works good luck.

baddi

• Top speed: 38 km/h and fuel economy: 50 km/l
    • View Profile
    • My project fuel injection gallery
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2013, 11:40:25 PM »
I usually use sealing silicone for all sort of stuff. The only bad thing is that the hardening takes very long time. :)
First Kymco agility 50 (2008) 11.000+ km (dead)
Second kymco agility 50 (2010) 20.000+ km. Project Fuel Injection. Stolen.
Kymco K-pipe 125 (2014) 7400 km.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 01:15:03 AM »
I usually use sealing silicone for all sort of stuff. The only bad thing is that the hardening takes very long time. :)

Ya but its worth it.

baddi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 02:29:50 PM »
Ya but its worth it.

Totally. But it is not effective to use between the intake spacer and the cylinder head, because it will be squished when the bolts are tightened and some of it will end in the air path and disturb it. :)

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2013, 03:39:28 PM »
Totally. But it is not effective to use between the intake spacer and the cylinder head, because it will be squished when the bolts are tightened and some of it will end in the air path and disturb it. :)

lol funny you say that I have that on my scoot now on the cylinder head. Its been like that for about a year now.I only put a very small line on the out side. No prolem yet. I have also used that
rubber spray paint on the bottom of the scoot that sh** is bad ass.

baddi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2013, 05:44:22 PM »
lol funny you say that I have that on my scoot now on the cylinder head. Its been like that for about a year now.I only put a very small line on the out side. No prolem yet. I have also used that
rubber spray paint on the bottom of the scoot that sh** is bad ass.
[/quote

Wooooooot?!

Hopefully you are not talking about the cylinder head gasghet? :O

Perhaps i just used too much. ;D

MotoRandy123

• Lets Ride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2013, 08:43:55 PM »
Well you say restrict the flow I say enhance the flow. A smooth surface inside the intake
will cause friction and the effect is as if you have a smaller tube to go through. Careful
turbulence enhancement can create more flow. I've used this type of device on my old
Super Sherpa to good effect;

http://www.latus-harley-davidson.com/Turbulator-for-2-Bolt---1-7-8----48mm-Manifolds--S---S-B--Shorty-E--8761.htm?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_term=free&utm_content=Round1&utm_campaign=Googeshoppingfeed&gclid=COmpxezVkbgCFQui4AoddkgA_A

So a little bit of RTV might be a good thing!
2012 Yager GT 200I - Southern NH

baddi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2013, 10:31:07 PM »
Well you say restrict the flow I say enhance the flow. A smooth surface inside the intake
will cause friction and the effect is as if you have a smaller tube to go through. Careful
turbulence enhancement can create more flow. I've used this type of device on my old
Super Sherpa to good effect;

http://www.latus-harley-davidson.com/Turbulator-for-2-Bolt---1-7-8----48mm-Manifolds--S---S-B--Shorty-E--8761.htm?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_term=free&utm_content=Round1&utm_campaign=Googeshoppingfeed&gclid=COmpxezVkbgCFQui4AoddkgA_A

So a little bit of RTV might be a good thing!

I know that air aswell as any liquid will grab on to any surface and some of the air will almost be standing still no matter how high the air velocity in the center is, but anything that for a short distance decreases the diameter will have a bad effect on both flow and pressure waves.

The effect from flow is that the air needs to be at higher speed when going through a tube of smaller diameter, and because of the airs inertia, a pressure drop will occour from one side of the restriction to the other. Also, if the restriction has not got uniform and smooth surfaces, turbulence will be created and energy will once again be lost. :)

The effect on pressure waves is greatest if the restriction in the air path is not perfectly round, as the waves will be bounced in different directions. Also, if the diameter is decreased by more than one third, it will make a pressure wave with the same sign as the original pressure wave. This mean that when the intake opens and the negative pressure wave travels up the intake, it will hit the restriction and turn around, sucking air out of the cylinder. :p

Anyway, what i experienced with having silicone as a sealant between the cylinder head and the black spacer was that the silicone was pushed out into the intake in an all but uniform shape. :)

I can not in my current slightly intoxicated state visualise what the device you used would do to the air stream but sending it swirling around, so i cannot deny that it could reduce what air is trapped at the walls, byt i highly disagree that a smooth surface will trap more air than a rough surface. :)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()