Author Topic: Givi windshield  (Read 1067 times)

claynine

• View Profile
Givi windshield
« on: June 26, 2013, 10:31:03 PM »
I received the Givi windshield for the Like 200i today.  I am very pleased.  I had to cut off the little extensions for the blinkers to work but they clear and work good.  Also a little grinding around the headlight area to give some clearance but this is a dandy.  It gives protection for hands too.  It may be a little high stock, but I will leave it like that for a while.  I can wear my hat.  it also cost some performance but to me it's worth it.  Thanks for the information  Vivo!  ;)

SonicSix

• 2012 Like 200i
    • View Profile
    • My Scooter Site
Re: Givi windshield
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 04:26:18 AM »
Pics or it didn't happen.  8)

Several pics, including the modifications you had to do.  Thank you in advance.
2012 Kymco Like 200i Black and Blue
White Bell Revolver EVO Modular Helmet with Dark Smoke Shield
States I have scootered in...

claynine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 01:27:10 PM »
Here are a couple photos.  Sorry for the quality but this web site only allows a total of 192 K for photos.  The blinker bracket spacer must be cut off.  Then the blinker can be installed on the bottom of the windshield bracket.  The blinker clears the body of the scoot but not by much.  I think the blinkers could be turned around (left to right) and gain maybe a quarter inch or so more clearance but I did not try it.  The headlight hole fits too tight around the headlight so I took the side grinder and ground the edges carefully where needed so the windshield fits with a little clearance around the headlight.  This eliminates the annoying headlight glare that comes stock with the Kymco Like.  The Givi is tall.  Perhaps too tall.  This can be cut off if need be but I am going to ride it for a while before I make that decision.  This windshield also protects the hands.  The mounting hardware seems to be strong and sensible.  So far I give it two thumbs up but I will put some miles on it and give my opinions as they happen. 

claynine

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 12:10:49 PM »
I have a couple hundred miles on this windshield and I am going to leave it tall.  It has spoiled me for being completely protected from bugs and wind.  It also cuts down on noise.  I can hear the blinkers and talk to the passenger real easy.  Two thumbs up for Givi.  Thanks a bunch to Vivo for the post that introduced me to the Givi!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()