Author Topic: Tire size  (Read 1888 times)

OtoHNS

• View Profile
Tire size
« on: July 22, 2009, 04:59:51 AM »
I've noticed there are several tires that I'd love to get only if it fit i.e. Michelin Bopper (120/70F, 130/70R).

Seeing that it's only a tad bit wider than the stock (110/70F, 120/70R), has anyone tried fitting a slightly wider sized profile tire on their bikes?  I'm an avid motorcycle track rider and have successful experience with playing around tire sizes to affect handling characteristics.  In the case with the scooter, I'm more curious about clearance issues.

On a second note, seeing that there are no threads on tire choices, what kind of tires have you guys used?  Any comments?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Tire size
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 03:01:17 AM »
I put a kenda 130/60x12 on the rear It grips like glue. the only problem is top end speed swells the tire approx 1/8-3/16th " there is a small boss on the swing arm (frame rail) that I am going to grind off. The tire hits it enough to create a clean swab. Other than that I much prefer the wider tire. It may be a mental thing, but that is good enough for me
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

OtoHNS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 04:03:07 AM »
If a 130/60 rear rubs, I will give up on thinking about a 130/70 on the back.

The other option I think I could try is a 120/70 for both the front and the back.
There is no way the stock front fenders wouldn't get in the way, so I'd likely have to remove it.

Once I get them on (probably won't be for several weeks), I'll let you guys know.

OtoHNS

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 05:32:36 AM »
I just got the 120/70 Michelin Bopper tires x 2.
I'm going to see if that size will fit the front.
I'm going to try to put them on myself this weekend manually (using tire irons) although I'd prefer to just purchase one of those motorcycle tire changers...

If I get time, I may try to take some photos so you guys can see.

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 11:28:54 PM »
I'm curious what you think of the performance of those tires as well.  Keep us updated.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()