Author Topic: What are you wearing on your scoot?  (Read 5584 times)

Carol

• Brainerd, Minnesota
  • Look me up on facebook !
    • View Profile
Re: What are you wearing on your scoot?
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2013, 07:08:39 AM »
 ::)
OMGawd!
I wore crocs once, and politely while kicking myself picked the "rosie" off the pavement from which she and I landed on my azz................after my foot slipped. No damage to either of us.  But still. Tie up tennies or hiking boots for me.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to skid in broadside , thoroughly used up , totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!!"

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2013, 12:25:52 PM »
I've switched over to HiVis jackets, one for cooler/cold weather and one mesh, and it seems more people are seeing me coming down the road. I also picked up a couple of HiVis t-shirts, which I sometimes wear underneath the jacket if I decide to ride without the jacket.

Helmet always, jeans and usually hiking boots or motorcycle boots. I've gone down once and lost some skin and would rather not repeat that experience.

I've also added extra LED lights to my bike to help. During the daytime I usually kept the headlight on the dim setting, but a friend said it wasn't very visible so now I keep it on bright during the day.

I agree 100% about people seeing me in my hi viz colors!
What kind of LEDs did you add, and where on the scoot? Can you do pictures? Always looking for ways to increase my visual foot-print to cagers~!
Re. the naked guy on the scoot, I'm most impressed with his vigor - seeing the people bend him on the street wearing coats. He's gotta be a little chilly.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 09:47:00 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

de-dee

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2013, 05:25:43 PM »
  ride nude at 80 years old I dont want to scare the natives,.

houndguy

• Fear the mangy mutt!
  • Your idiotism amuses me.
    • View Profile
    • Scooter Revolution!
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2013, 05:26:07 PM »
I am ATTGATT with a little modification.   ;)  I have to wear dress pants for work and since I commute most times on the bike I've got tennis shoes on.  I've tried wearing dress shoes but not enough traction.

Boots work of course but in 90+ Florida weather I will admit to giving up a little safety for comfort.

I also recently bought myself a mesh jacket which allows for better airflow.  I would like a little more padding to it but it's what it is.  A helmet and gloves is a given. 

Just another scooter blog - http://www.2smallerwheels.blogspot.com

PassedByAScooter

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2013, 08:40:56 PM »
this last Saturday I was wearing a 2012 Subaru! didn't really work out that well, though lol.  ;D

2010 Kymco Yager
2009 Kymco Agility 125

mnpugdog

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2013, 08:32:19 PM »
HiViz Firstgear mesh jacket, HJC Symax3 hiviz helmet, Slider mesh pants, gloves and boots all the time. Also switched all rear lights to LED's and have lights on my Bestem box hooked up.

CosmoKorny

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2013, 12:07:21 AM »
Just delivered today,  85.45 to my door.   :)  Hope it fits!
Normal is boring.

2006 Kymco Xciting 250

AVGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2013, 03:20:55 AM »

I agree 100% about people seeing me in my hi viz colors!
What kind of LEDs did you add, and where on the scoot? Can you do pictures? Always looking for ways to increase my visual foot-print to cagers~!
Re. the naked guy on the scoot, I'm most impressed with his vigor - seeing the people bend him on the street wearing coats. He's gotta be a little chilly.

Here's some posts I've done previously with pics and info.
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=7855.0
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=7856.0
Grand Vista 250
"Big Scoot"

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2013, 04:59:58 AM »
When the temps reach over 80 degrees I wear a Speed and Strength Trial By Fire Armored Mesh Jacket - Hi Viz Yellow. Below 80 degrees I wear a Scorpion Armored Hi Viz Yellow jacket with front/rear vents. Full face helmet with 6 vents positioned from forehead to chin. Kevlar jeans and riding boots.

Monty33

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2013, 01:33:55 PM »
My wife and I mostly ride our scooters (Sento 50 and Super 8 150) around a beach town where we spend weekends.  The nice thing is that there are so many scooters around, and the speed limit is mostly 25-30mph on all roads.
So, I usually just wear shorts, t-shirt, sneakers and a bike helmet.  Wife likes longer pants and a half helmet.
We know we could be safer, but it's usually quite warm when we're buzzing around town or we're on our way to the beach or something.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2013, 06:36:55 AM »

So, I usually just wear shorts, t-shirt, sneakers and a bike helmet.  Wife likes longer pants and a half helmet.
We know we could be safer, but it's usually quite warm when we're buzzing around town or we're on our way to the beach or something.

See?  8)

MrKymco

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2013, 08:11:17 AM »
Dickies Eisenhower, unlined

Denim

Driving gloves, knuckles be damned

Sneakers or boots

Sparx S-07 FF helmets

« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 07:23:14 AM by MrKymco »
scoots!

Momma bear

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2013, 06:13:58 PM »
Open face helmet, armored mesh red jacket, armored mesh pants and steel toed work boots.

Know what you're going to do a worry what the others might do!
People300i

Mscmkr

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2013, 05:09:58 AM »
I found these at Wallyworld of all places. Mesh HiViz vests that have a nice Velcro closure on the front. I bought the orange one and rode with it last night. If you don't have armor AT LEAST wear something like this. They go to XXXL so you can put it over a jacket or sweatshirt. Only $12 so not bad priced either.
    I also just bought a HiViz modular helmet a couple weeks ago, and I wear thick leather ridding gloves with heavy leather tennis shoes. Going to buy a mesh jacket and pants with armor sometime soon. I have also been looking at a good pair of ridding shoes. Just need to wait for the cash to come in.

Ride safe everyone, mscmkr

ChefRupe

• View Profile
What are you wearing on your scoot?
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2013, 06:51:12 AM »
I have some interesting hiviz gear from my days in the Army. They had ridiculous on post regs for bike riders that I hated when I was in. What's funny is now that I am older and wiser(hopefully) I wear my hiviz gear anytime I go riding.

My helmet is a matte black modular GMAX with flashing LEDs on the back.
I always wear an armored black leather jacket with lots reflective day-glo trim.
Matching black armored pants with the same reflective trim.
My Corcorans, US Army paratrooper jump boots, black.
Serius brand, wind/ weather/ and abrasion resistant shooting gloves, in black of course.
And a hiviz reflective belt strapped across my body, from hip to shoulder.

Most of my scooting miles are for my commute to the restaurant and back so the interesting dilemma that creates would be transporting my knifes, the kitchen cutlery. They are too long to fit in my top box or under the seat so I have them fastened into a roll that I strap across my body, opposite the hiviz belt. If anyone ever hits me, a dozen or so razor sharp knives strapped to me are going to be a surprise.

I do think I am going to get a little cape to wear while I ride the Bat-ped though :)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()