Author Topic: who here pays freight + setup + documentation  (Read 1741 times)

tstalion79

• View Profile
who here pays freight + setup + documentation
« on: July 24, 2009, 04:32:25 AM »
So I walk into the dealership that has a couple brand new people s 250's, and they are charging MSRP (4499) plus freight (about 200) and setup (about 150).  At the end of the day, it was going to be over 4800 out the door for the scoot.  All I said was (i'll do the deal now if you can get me out the door for 4000, and all of the sudden they lowered the asking price to 4159 and waived both the setup and frieght fees. 

I just think you need to be tough and you can save yourself a lot of money.  Just curious, how many people here paid these fees?

axy

• View Profile
Re: who here pays freight + setup + documentation
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 07:59:25 AM »
So I walk into the dealership that has a couple brand new people s 250's, and they are charging MSRP (4499) plus freight (about 200) and setup (about 150).  At the end of the day, it was going to be over 4800 out the door for the scoot.  All I said was (i'll do the deal now if you can get me out the door for 4000, and all of the sudden they lowered the asking price to 4159 and waived both the setup and frieght fees. 

I just think you need to be tough and you can save yourself a lot of money.  Just curious, how many people here paid these fees?

You pay for them anyway, regardless if they claim it separately or as a lump sum.
Think about it that way.
Personally I think it is much more professional to claim lump sum than three separate prices.

Few weeks ago when I bought my quad they also claimed transport cost and assembly separately. (transport 20 US$ for 20 kms and assembly 100 US$).
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

ts1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 09:27:47 AM »
I hate separate claims.
I pay the only one claimed price for bananas too, not +freight+duty+tax+...

1cyl

• Chymco
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 02:11:18 AM »
You don't pay taxes on bananas where you live? :o

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 03:01:50 AM »
Some would just prefer the actual costs to be hidden. They pay them, whether they know it or not.

Or, they haggle with a desperate dealer, who probably can't stay in business terribly long, giving away the store.

Prep a Genuine Stella, and just tell me that work should be "free," and not an add-on to the price of the scooter. That bike's a lot of work to unpack and set up to be ready to ride, I can tell you from experience. It's two man-hours, easily.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 09:21:01 AM »
Some would just prefer the actual costs to be hidden. They pay them, whether they know it or not.

Or, they haggle with a desperate dealer, who probably can't stay in business terribly long, giving away the store.

Prep a Genuine Stella, and just tell me that work should be "free," and not an add-on to the price of the scooter. That bike's a lot of work to unpack and set up to be ready to ride, I can tell you from experience. It's two man-hours, easily.

Every bike, scooter or motorcycle comes on a crate. On the other hand, during warranty, I have to report to the shop every 2000 kms for inspection. First inspection is in fact oil change charged as 1,5 hours of work, one hour being 50 US$. You cannot say that oil change for a skilled mechanic takes 1.5 hours. So, even if they do not charge assembly, it pays off to them down the road through scheduled maintenance.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()