Author Topic: Seat options for Downtown 300i  (Read 7730 times)

de-dee

• View Profile
Re: Seat options for Downtown 300i
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2013, 01:49:03 AM »
   if I only cold send pictures ,.  I dont know how  Im from the horse and buggy days,.  80 years and still riding,. 

mnpugdog

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2013, 02:58:59 AM »
   if I only cold send pictures ,.  I dont know how  Im from the horse and buggy days,.  80 years and still riding,.

We could have you use Western Union. ;D

de-dee

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2013, 11:41:26 PM »
  when does the stage coach go by,. 

Paulie

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2013, 01:10:34 AM »
I just received my max gel pad seat cushion made by American Motorcycle Specialities.  Wow. did that make a huge difference for me. Rode 100 miles today and it was unbelievable what a difference it made  I didnt slide forward and my butt wasn't sore. I'm not a spring chicken anymore and sitting for long rides is hard on my lower extrimities.  The seats on the DT 300 is terrible in my opinion.  My wife has a matching DT 300 bike and she is much shorter than me and she doesnt have any problems.  I ordered a large neoprene cover gel pad seat for$89 plus shipping.  I called and talked with the owner about my bike and the problems with the seat.  I mention that others on this forum had ordered one.  He ended up sending me the more expensive one with the sheepskin cover for the same price.  Excellent company to deal with.  Very nice qualitiy.  Check out thier website.  Just sayin that this may be an option for making the ride a little easier.

mnpugdog

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2013, 02:34:17 PM »
paulie, what does it look like? Since getting a new seat will not happen this might be the next best thing. And how does it stay on the seat?

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2013, 05:53:19 PM »
paulie, what does it look like? Since getting a new seat will not happen this might be the next best thing. And how does it stay on the seat?

You may also want to check out ROHO Airhawk seat cushions . I. Use them for anything with wheels.
http://www.airhawk.net/airhawk-products.aspx

Prices vary greatly, check around.

Be Big,
AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

de-dee

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2013, 05:58:29 PM »
  if it is anything like the air hawk , two straps that go under the seat and that rubber mat for trailers shelving on the bottem,  air hawk has 6 0r 7 models for different size seats ,. 

Paulie

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2013, 09:48:51 PM »
mnpugdog.   You can go to the companies website that will have pics of all of the available seats.  They provide a strap that clips on to the underside of your seat and goes across the top of the seat.  Attached to the strap is a strip of Velcro.  The underside of the pad has a piece of Velcro which keeps it in place.  The bottom of the pad is made of neoprene.  I found that the seat stays in place without any type strap being used.  I got the large size and it worked great for me.  Hope this helps.  http://www.amspecialtiesusa.com/
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 09:59:55 PM by Paulie »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()