Author Topic: MPG  (Read 1769 times)

Paulie

• View Profile
MPG
« on: July 05, 2013, 10:08:22 PM »
Just filled my tank after the first 200+ miles. I got 75.8 MPG. That was a little more than I expected for the first fill up.   The only problem I'm having is how uncomfortable the seat is.  You would think that Kymco would make a better seat for the DT 300. I read the reviews on the gel pack seat cushion. I guess I will give that a try. Can't handle the sore butt after riding. The DT300 is such a great bike with plenty of speed, power and looks.  Why spoil it with such a cruumy seat. I keep sliding forward on it making things very uncomfortable. Time will tell after ordering the new seat cushion

moparkid

• View Profile
Re: MPG
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 03:19:07 AM »
I think the seat design is more in tune with shorter asians but I could be wrong. It does not appear however that the design and size of the seat was made for the American or Canadian markets. Having had a Honda Helix, that was one super comfortable bike and I am a little disappointed not more effort or research went into the seat design of the DT 300. Other than that, I love this bike!

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 05:20:02 AM »
It is really very difficult to design bikes that will fit everybody...unlike cars that you can adjust seat forwards, backwards, up, down, or add a pillow if you want... even adjust the steering wheel far, near, up and down...  a motorbike or scooter have fixed designs and will never satisfy all.  If they design them for big and tall people,,, the small and short people can't use them and vice versa.... 

moparkid

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 11:18:16 AM »
That is true Vivo, but the Japanese actually do have different standards and manufacturing processes it uses to design and market to differnent parts of the world. At the very least, an adjustable seat or an option would have been nice. But as I stated earlier, I love my bike and the seat isnt even a problem for me as it is and still think the DT 300 is one of the nicest bikes out there for the money and I have no complaints. As you said I am sure that had I bought a Majesty or Burgman I would or could have found at least one thing to complain about, after all, I'm an American, it's what we do best..lol. But when the dust settled, I picked my Kymco over those other 2 and still wouldnt change that decision even if I could.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 04:07:52 PM »
75 + mpg is good right out of the box! As much as I loved my Yager its seat really sucked. I do not have that gripe with my DT 300i. I am 5'7" at 200+ lbs.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 08:29:29 AM »
The KTM 1100 RC8 has an adjustable seat...

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 05:22:35 PM »
   On this trip to manchester  NH. it is the first time I used ethenal gas,  my scoot is missing at low rpm. never done that before,.  I am looking up gas for the trip home to canada,.

MotoRandy123

• Lets Ride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2013, 09:08:49 PM »
Wow Manchester is one city over from me! Good luck finding nonethanol gas in NH.
There's only 3 places and they are up north. You might need to add water to your
gas can then pour off the pure gas into your tank...
2012 Yager GT 200I - Southern NH

ophelia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 01:10:53 AM »
My SO gets about 55 US mpg on average. We fill up with 87 AKI 10% ethanol gas. 75+ mpg would be great.
2011 Kymco Downtown 300i

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2013, 03:00:48 AM »
   would putting water in the gas to get rid of ethenal lower octane, thats what they use to raise octane levels in the gas,.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2013, 05:47:18 AM »
   would putting water in the gas to get rid of ethenal lower octane, thats what they use to raise octane levels in the gas,.

Putting water directly to gas...? Water and ethanol will mix and separate... pure gasoline on top and water/ethanol mixture at the bottom...

mnpugdog

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2013, 12:33:37 PM »
Use this web site http://pure-gas.org/ to help you find good gas in the US and Canada. They also have an app you can use when your on the go.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()