Author Topic: Carberator issues  (Read 3667 times)

Jsquared

• View Profile
Carberator issues
« on: July 07, 2013, 07:05:16 PM »
I took off the carb thinking it was an easy take apart and put back together project well i got it all done but there are still two open ports on the carb I know for sure one of them isthe over flow but the one on the bottom of the carb what is that? If anyone knows of a goood site or maunual that willl step by step me throught the assembly process of the carb that would be great. I am lost to the gas/ air screws too not sure how tight or loose to make em. Help me pleas

baddi

• Top speed: 38 km/h and fuel economy: 50 km/l
    • View Profile
    • My project fuel injection gallery
Re: Carberator issues
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 06:43:09 PM »
The best site for scooters is with no doubt Scootergrisen.dk (Translated with google) which has alot of pictures and some explaination on every part. :)

The tube in the bottom is the drain pipe and is for gasoline to leave the carburator before disassembly. Be sure to screw the drain screw closed and no problem will occour. :D
First Kymco agility 50 (2008) 11.000+ km (dead)
Second kymco agility 50 (2010) 20.000+ km. Project Fuel Injection. Stolen.
Kymco K-pipe 125 (2014) 7400 km.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 03:13:59 AM »
is this your carb.

Jsquared

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 10:55:27 PM »
OK on the bottom of the carberaotr there is a valve that looks like a tube should be hooked up to it its on the over flow valve its under that when I try to start the moped gas squirts out of that tube

baddi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 11:17:49 PM »
OK on the bottom of the carberaotr there is a valve that looks like a tube should be hooked up to it its on the over flow valve its under that when I try to start the moped gas squirts out of that tube

You should close the drain screw and then gas wont squirt out of the drain tube which comes out of the bottom of the carburator. :)

Jsquared

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 12:56:39 AM »
ok everything is hoked up no leaks my issue now is that very little fuel seems to be getting pushed to the fuel filter  there fore very little fuel is getting to the motor it almost started once I am charging battery now oh ya and yes blue it is a cv carb another thing I am not sure the name of the part but it is the thing that sits under the gas tank that has two tubes comming from it one is for fuel on is for air I took the one for air and tried to suck air through it and couldnt get anything out of it at all shouldnt it allow me to suck air through the tube? if I can't get air from it how can the carb? Thanks for all the help I think one of my problems is I am not sure even where to start with the adjustment screw on the carb

baddi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 10:25:51 AM »
ok everything is hoked up no leaks my issue now is that very little fuel seems to be getting pushed to the fuel filter  there fore very little fuel is getting to the motor it almost started once I am charging battery now oh ya and yes blue it is a cv carb another thing I am not sure the name of the part but it is the thing that sits under the gas tank that has two tubes comming from it one is for fuel on is for air I took the one for air and tried to suck air through it and couldnt get anything out of it at all shouldnt it allow me to suck air through the tube? if I can't get air from it how can the carb? Thanks for all the help I think one of my problems is I am not sure even where to start with the adjustment screw on the carb

Okay, lets take this bit by bit. :)

The easiest thing to check is the vacuum valve, which is the thingy below the tank. You were doing somewhat right when you sucked the vacuum hose, but this time, dont expect to get air, but instead suck in pulses like you would expect the engine to do. :D
If no fuel comes out the other line, remove the fuel filter. If still no fuel comes, you have either got damaged vacuum lines or the vacuum valve is not functioning or is clogged. :)

There is also a fuel filter inside the tank to make sure that big things does not cover the hole, but this can gather dirt at the bottom if you have ever run dry, and if the fuel level is low, then this is clogged. :)

Jsquared

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2013, 04:55:34 AM »
Okay, lets take this bit by bit. :)

The easiest thing to check is the vacuum valve, which is the thingy below the tank. You were doing somewhat right when you sucked the vacuum hose, but this time, dont expect to get air, but instead suck in pulses like you would expect the engine to do. :D
If no fuel comes out the other line, remove the fuel filter. If still no fuel comes, you have either got damaged vacuum lines or the vacuum valve is not functioning or is clogged. :)

There is also a fuel filter inside the tank to make sure that big things does not cover the hole, but this can gather dirt at the bottom if you have ever run dry, and if the fuel level is low, then this is clogged. :)
[/quote
I got the bike running and it was bogging down it seems to be getting fuel so I took the air filter off less bogging but I also put heet in the fuel tank because I thought I had bad gas. Oh ya hard to start to unless bike is warm already. Tonight I changed the petcock airline and tightened some other lines and decided I would put the air filter back in. The bike would bore down horribly. II took it out and it wasn't so bad it is still bogging a little but not even a 1/4 as bad as it was with the air filter. Easy enough I need a new air filter but ... it is still bogging with the air filter off not a lot but enough for me to notice so? I am thinking the bike needs more air how do I accomplish this?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()