Author Topic: Real honesty about there Like 200i please  (Read 9920 times)

exhalent99

• View Profile
Re: Real honesty about there Like 200i please
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2013, 06:27:42 PM »
Pretty nice without the top case:
I Like you.  Do you Like me?

91cavgt

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2013, 11:21:27 PM »
This is the first time I have seen the grey color and I like it!!  I ended up with a black one with the blue flake, but if they had a grey one I would have definately gotten it. 
2012 Like 200i  in black

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2013, 01:31:05 AM »
Today my son & I had day one of our safety riding class (2 full 8 hr days).....but I was out on the LIKE at o'dark thirty for a bit of a ride. The fuel injection always fires almost before I turn the key.....and I let it warm while I finish my coffee. (warm up an aircooled 4 stroke? Been doing that since my first vw beetle - you were told to warm it long enough to roll your joint. I had to use my imagination....but I got the idea. Give it a couple of minutes to warm up and then drive off gently.)
Went down to the lake and took some photos, while dodging the deer and rabbits - well, at my modest speed I don't really need to dodge anything. They tend to wander towards me to see what the noise is.
Sure do enjoy this scooter.
(Lordy~! We did almost 11 miles on an airfield for day one of class. 11 miles around in patterns. That's a long ways. Sure hope this motorcycle riding doesn't mess up my T&G scooter riding. Was on a 250cc Yamaha all day - though I kept 'selling' scooters to anyone in the class who'd listen. They put up with me, good-naturedly.)

Well, if you're certain the Kymco is for you -welcome aboard! (the Buddy folks have a nice scooter (albeit a bit smallish) & a nice forum,too - if a little testy about other scooter brands. Folks want to think they are riding the best ....... "As good as, or - good, too!"  is fine with me.)
 Beautifully clear and cooler day today - saw 15 or so 2-wheelers on the way home - one of them was a scooter!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 01:48:57 AM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2013, 01:39:36 AM »
Pretty nice without the top case:

Exhale that's what I was talking about! Great retro profile - just needs some crash bars and/or that chrome rear rack. (only from Italy? , or?)
But, shoot, where would I put the milk and cereal, and coffee and chili makings, and tools and rain gear and Red Sox hat and coffee mug and camera and Grisham novel, etc. ?
You know, a deep brown or oxblood leather seat would look pretty classy on there.
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2013, 06:23:43 AM »
Hey Stig. nice pic there with your Like... I noticed your license plate frame is black... would you consider a chrome plate frame? If you would, here's the best screws for it.... Italian!

PassedByAScooter

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2013, 03:07:31 PM »
the cream color is a solid choice. it looks fantastic.

2010 Kymco Yager
2009 Kymco Agility 125

SonicSix

• 2012 Like 200i
    • View Profile
    • My Scooter Site
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2013, 05:42:36 PM »
I bought mine new about a year ago and have 3,000 miles on it so far.  It has been a very solid performing scooter and I am very pleased with it. It carries me at 55 MPH with ease and tops out about 60 MPH.  I am 6ft tall (182.88cm) and weigh 180 pounds (81.64 kg). The bike is very reliable and easy to tinker on, meaning you can easily do your own maintenance if you want to. The only complaint I have about it is the contoured seat, it is not comfortable.  As with any bike, check for loose bolts often.  The Like is prone to lose the rear air cleaner bolt and all the screws holding the plastic muffler shield... but check ALL the bolts, not just those.  Would I buy another one?  Absolutely.

I have owned a 50cc Honda Ruckus, a 250cc Honda Reflex, and a 220cc Genuine Blur before this 163cc Like.  The Ruckus was the most fun but slow, the Reflex was comfortable and I wish I still had it, and the Blur was sporty and fast but I could not get parts for it.  I also have a Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5 but it is not a scooter. :)
2012 Kymco Like 200i Black and Blue
White Bell Revolver EVO Modular Helmet with Dark Smoke Shield
States I have scootered in...

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2013, 09:19:11 PM »
Hey Stig. nice pic there with your Like... I noticed your license plate frame is black... would you consider a chrome plate frame? If you would, here's the best screws for it.... Italian!

Hello Vivo, thanks for the idea - those are neat bolts! For now I want to leave that license plate frame on there - it has the dealer's name on it - when I go there for service I want them to see it and know that I bought the scooter from them - ""so give me good service!"" So far they have fitted the Michelins for me ($130 plus tax for the fitting - I bought the tires on-line myself and carried them in. They seemed to be OK with this.?) All the other service I have completed myself. (oils and valves, lights, brake fluid, crash bars, mirrors, NGK iridium plug) Soon i might look in the belt cover - I have a impact wrench and the Dr Pulleys, and OEM Kymco belt and belt cover gasket and new airfilter - but don't think any are needed with 1600 miles on great running scooter!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 09:50:56 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Mscmkr

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2013, 06:02:08 AM »
I have to say the gray looks really nice. Very classy and stylish. Fits the Like well.

Be safe everyone, mscmkr

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()