Author Topic: Buying a new carc  (Read 1328 times)

Jsquared

• View Profile
Buying a new carc
« on: July 11, 2013, 11:14:48 PM »
I am shopping for a new carb and was wondering if any of you knew of any good deals I found one on ebay brand new 49.95 I was also wondering since all I am going to have to do is throw in the new carb would this be a good time for an upgrade and what should I go with. I can basicly hook up the carb I don't want to try to rebuild another one it was a real pain and although I learned alot I don't waant to go through all that again!

phatboy

• View Profile
Re: Buying a new carc
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 05:14:49 PM »
I am shopping for a new carb and was wondering if any of you knew of any good deals I found one on ebay brand new 49.95 I was also wondering since all I am going to have to do is throw in the new carb would this be a good time for an upgrade and what should I go with. I can basicly hook up the carb I don't want to try to rebuild another one it was a real pain and although I learned alot I don't waant to go through all that again!
I wonder about those carbs for sale, like what jets are in them, i think you wnt to make sure the diameters are all the same and they have the same jets as your old carb (stock is 35 slow jet, 82 main)

just fyi I never rebuilt my carb, my scoot sat for 5 years i took the carb off and with carb cleaner and compressed air i cleaned it, took off one thing at a time blew out all holes put it all back together. wasnt that bad took 10-15 min and there was a youtube video i could watch if i wasn't sure of anything

the slow jet was a little hard to clean since the hole is so small, wife had this thin crafting wire that fit through and got the crud out

but over all it wasnt that bad, im glad i didn't buy a new carb now
Agility 50 w/72cc BBK, A9 cam, stock airbox and exhaust (both drilled out), remove air tube restriction, stock head, stock carb, 105 main jet, CDI cut, smooth variator boss, stock variator w/5g rollers

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 11:13:57 AM »
you can put a bigger carb in I have a 20mm carb in mine and it works great.It will help with take off.and get you to your top end faster.

Jsquared

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 09:59:33 PM »
I wonder about those carbs for sale, like what jets are in them, i think you wnt to make sure the diameters are all the same and they have the same jets as your old carb (stock is 35 slow jet, 82 main)

just fyi I never rebuilt my carb, my scoot sat for 5 years i took the carb off and with carb cleaner and compressed air i cleaned it, took off one thing at a time blew out all holes put it all back together. wasnt that bad took 10-15 min and there was a youtube video i could watch if i wasn't sure of anything

the slow jet was a little hard to clean since the hole is so small, wife had this thin crafting wire that fit through and got the crud out

but over all it wasnt that bad, im glad i didn't buy a new carb now

First of all thanks to everyone in helping me with this bike I got the new carb had a couple minor issues Like needing a new spark plug from me trying to get it to start over and over but I finally got the bike started!!!! Especially thanks to you Blue you always seem to have somehting to add butt I do have a new issue ha ha ha the bike doesn't want to take off I mean I can get it going after a while but it takes off very slow and soetimes acts like I am giving it no gas at all even thoughI have it at full throttle... I remember reading something someone else wrote about this and am about to scan through the forum. I borrowed some gas from my  neighbor and it has  been rainging like crazy maybe I have water in my gas? I have almost got the whole tank to e and am going to put some high end gas in it. Checking fule line for kinks air line seems to be good not sure what to do next air filter isn't all that dirty either.

phatboy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 10:25:43 PM »
First of all thanks to everyone in helping me with this bike I got the new carb had a couple minor issues Like needing a new spark plug from me trying to get it to start over and over but I finally got the bike started!!!! Especially thanks to you Blue you always seem to have somehting to add butt I do have a new issue ha ha ha the bike doesn't want to take off I mean I can get it going after a while but it takes off very slow and soetimes acts like I am giving it no gas at all even thoughI have it at full throttle... I remember reading something someone else wrote about this and am about to scan through the forum. I borrowed some gas from my  neighbor and it has  been rainging like crazy maybe I have water in my gas? I have almost got the whole tank to e and am going to put some high end gas in it. Checking fule line for kinks air line seems to be good not sure what to do next air filter isn't all that dirty either.
good you got it started, though you should ask whoever sold you the carb what jetting it has, you might need to install new jets, alot easier than rebuilding a carb

have you drained the gas, cleaned out the tank and put in fresh gas.
Agility 50 w/72cc BBK, A9 cam, stock airbox and exhaust (both drilled out), remove air tube restriction, stock head, stock carb, 105 main jet, CDI cut, smooth variator boss, stock variator w/5g rollers

Jsquared

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 11:53:05 PM »
I have the tank down to less than a quarter tank I was trying to drain out as little as possible sees being I am going to have to ride it to the store to put gas in it but that is my next step getting rid of old gas putting in new gas and if no change taking off the air filter to let a little more air in and seein if that makes a change. Oh ya the new carb was a 19mm old was 17mm

Jsquared

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 12:06:22 AM »
UPDATE I asked the guy about the carb jetting and he told me (not sure should be the same as stock)  I do know this he workd at a scooter/ moped shop.. Thats where he got the carb from and it was brand new.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()