Author Topic: grinding the variator boss  (Read 1273 times)

phatboy

• View Profile
grinding the variator boss
« on: July 12, 2013, 05:22:12 PM »
hey

i see others grinding the boss down to get more top end. i have questions about that

first does grinding the boss mean i get taller gears all the time, so should put in lighter weights so i don't lose bottom end

second so i don't mess up my boss if i grind too much or dont get it straight, wht if i used my old restricted boss with the shoulder on it, and ground off the shoulder. and how smooth does the shoulder have to be, when ground down, is it like a machined surface, if its not perfect will it still be ok?

thanks
Agility 50 w/72cc BBK, A9 cam, stock airbox and exhaust (both drilled out), remove air tube restriction, stock head, stock carb, 105 main jet, CDI cut, smooth variator boss, stock variator w/5g rollers

blue

• View Profile
Re: grinding the variator boss
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 01:50:48 AM »
You cant go to far down other wise it will not bold down tight you only need to take about 2 to 4 mm off.If you go to far the threds on the shaft will not bold in tight. I did mine my self with a dremal it needs to be as flat as you can get it. make sure the part you gind is faceing out when you put it back in.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()