Author Topic: It's too bad the US scooter scene is nothing like others parts of the world  (Read 1621 times)

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
I was surfing through FB and came upon the Like Owners Society of the Philippines. I bet that group has more Like scooter than the whole of the USA. It was really cool to see so many Like scooters and how each member personalized them. They have huge group gatherings. Man I wish we have something like that here. Anyone else feel like me that owning a scooter in the USA is a lonely existence?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 10:26:58 PM by TroutBum »

partyhut

• imstilriden
    • View Profile
yes, I sure do.  feel like an outsider when I go scooting.. four wheelers want to run you off the road or worse, motorcyclers guickly look the other way.  I`m suprised the kids do not throw rocks!!!
I cannot even get a response to my carb question on this forum...
this is about my only contact with other scooter riders and I look foward to new posts.
entertaining as well as informative..  Keep it up   

scootenalong in
Soddy Daisy, Tennessee

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
While I wish there were more scoots here I don't want them everywhere, our gov would then pass more laws and restrict us somehow.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

mverps

• View Profile
As I ride the streets in Montana I see very few scooters, looking forward to winter in Arizona where there are a few more scooters on the road, with organized rides and get to gathers. Scooting in Montana is really nice for scenery, but is lonely out there.

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
I agree
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 08:53:40 PM »
to some extent.
While the number of scooters on the road make up a small fraction of two wheelers on the road, in the last two years I am seeing more and more scooters in my area.
Also, scooter sales in the US the last two years has been very good.
As people learn how well modern motor scooters perform, combined with high gas prices, I am inclined to think the numbers will continue to grow in the USA.
What is not to love about a good motor scooter?.

Dealers/and dealer service can make or break the motor scooter industry.
Kymco is on the right track in this department.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 09:04:45 PM by boo »
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

de-dee

• View Profile
  if we had that many scooters here, I would head for the back woods, and never come out,.  so I will leave it to Vivo

Vivo

• View Profile
Here in the Philippines around 30 years ago, scooters are associated with "ladies" who ride these inside "subdivisions or villages"... and not as a basic means of transportation... unlike your regular motorcycles...

The only thing that triggered the popularity of scooters are high gas prices... the minimum wage at present is around 10 dollars a day and gas prices is around 5 dollars per gallon... doing the math... having a scooter is cheaper than taking the bus...

If you can't beat them, join them.... the growing number of nice scooters on the road made way for other richer guys to join the bandwagon... now, people buy scooters because a neighbor has one... it's an epidemic...  ;D

PassedByAScooter

• View Profile
That's it, I'm moving to the Philippines!!!!

2010 Kymco Yager
2009 Kymco Agility 125

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
And now we know why Vivo has a scooter, cause that what the ladies like.  ;) :P ;D

Vivo

• View Profile
And now we know why Vivo has a scooter, cause that what the ladies like.  ;) :P ;D

Right on Marty...!  ;)  my daughter doesnt like to ride the car.. she prefers the scoot and even named it "Casey" because it has a KC sticker on the side...

robertrackson

• View Profile
I am frankly saying that i don't like to use the scooters for scooting, but now a days many people are attracted towards the scooters. Especially ladies, we can see most of the girls are preferring the scooters for their riding.
Automatic driving lessons birmingham - http://www.ecofriendlydrivingschool.co.uk/birmingham/

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()