Author Topic: Are salesman convinced people are stupid?  (Read 2807 times)

ophelia

• View Profile
Re: your mistake was entering a hardly shop
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2013, 12:29:33 PM »
Yes hardly with a small h.
Did you have your "certificate of attitude" in your pocket when you entered?
When you buy a hardly or hardly product they give you a certificate of attitude to carry.

I think he had trouble at the second shop to, not the Harley shop that he had a good experience with for his glove purchase. Unless you mean to say you had a crummy experience at a Harley dealer...

I really think it depends on the dealership you go to. You can probably find a crummy dealer for almost any brand. It's important to find and build relationships with staff at good dealerships. Get great deals in the long run.
2011 Kymco Downtown 300i

wakeupmaggie

• View Profile
Re: Are salesman convinced people are stupid?
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2013, 07:30:57 PM »
Guess I should consider myself lucky.  The shop I bought from sells motorcycles and scooters.  They are an authorized dealership for Yamaha, Honda, Ducati, Moto Guzzi, BMW, KTM, Kawasaki, and ....Kymco.  They also carry a wide selection of used motorcycles and scooters.  They don't care what you ride as long as you ride and they don't care what they sell you, as long as you buy from them.  No pressure....test drive the bike to make sure you like it.  Heck, I go there on Saturday mornings just to get the free donuts before they go out for their weekly ride.  They have even invited several scooter riders to their track days. 

This sounds like the shop where I bought my downtown in May (Burgers, Three Bridges, NJ).  No pressure whatsoever.  I did go in with the intent to buy the Honda Forza, but was told that when they come out in July he probably wouldn't be getting them until late August.  And he said that Kymco makes the motor for the Honda Forza anyway. 

I love my bike and am having such a nice time riding it.  I hope to finally get my license next week.

Somerset County, New Jersey
DT300i

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()