Author Topic: Turn indicator switch was sticking found a fix  (Read 703 times)

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
Turn indicator switch was sticking found a fix
« on: July 15, 2013, 05:47:02 AM »
Thought I post this for anyone who might have this issue someday.

Yesterday I noticed the turn indicator switch was sticking in the right turn position. It would not go back to the center position without assistance from me. The left turn position worked as it should. I was set to buy a replacement which would have cost around $20 shipped. Being a bit impatient I thought about what I might be able to do to remedy the situation before placing an order. While rummaging around the garage I came upon a can of electrical circuit cleaner (an aerosol propellant) and gave the switch a few sprays and worked the switch hoping it would come unstuck. Well it worked and now the switch performs as it should.

claynine

• View Profile
Re: Turn indicator switch was sticking found a fix
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 12:20:35 PM »
Good to know.  My Like 200i has about 850 miles on it now.  It has had only two small issues.  The start relay started to fail but came out of it after a couple days and a bolt came loose on the center kick stand that holds the rubber bumper in place.  That little bolt is about the equivalent of a 3/16" but metric.  It must have fallen out while driving and the rubber fell off in my garage.  Easy fix, but just to let folks know that may be one bolt to watch also.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()