Author Topic: parking etiquette  (Read 961 times)

phatboy

• View Profile
parking etiquette
« on: July 16, 2013, 07:47:59 PM »
today i parked in a big parking lot, right up front was a spot with a motorcycle in it, i figured theres plenty of room for a scooter too so i parked there, well away from the motorcycle but still in the spot

i figured its reasonable and the other rider would not mind but later it occurred to me is there an unspoken rule that this is ok or not.
Agility 50 w/72cc BBK, A9 cam, stock airbox and exhaust (both drilled out), remove air tube restriction, stock head, stock carb, 105 main jet, CDI cut, smooth variator boss, stock variator w/5g rollers

CosmoKorny

• View Profile
Re: parking etiquette
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 01:38:01 AM »
I always park diagonally in a space so a car doesn't try to crowd me.  If there's still room for another bike to park without getting in my way I don't mind.  I'll be interested to read the responses to your post, I probably should brush up on my etiquette too.   :)
Normal is boring.

2006 Kymco Xciting 250

ophelia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 12:31:36 PM »
You can share a car-sized parking stall with other bikes. Just make sure you don't box them in, in case they want to leave before you do.  :)
2011 Kymco Downtown 300i

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
one parking spot
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 05:39:38 PM »
one vehicle for me.
Some motorcycles and motor scooters have a tendency to blow over because of the stand and lean angle.
Would make me uneasy if someone parked beside me in a single spot.
Used to ride with a guy that had a Honda. It would blow over every so often.
Never could figure why he never changed his hick stand.

Besides, if your bike fell/or was pushed on the other persons bike, you would be liable for damages to both.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 05:41:44 PM by boo »
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

bleys

• Ride what you like, not what other's like.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 12:03:47 AM »
One bike per parking spot, unless you are riding with someone or know them well and then it is kind to share the spot.   You never know how much space the other person actually needs to maneuver especially if they are a hog, err....I mean ride a harley :)
Bill
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
2009 Xciting 250Ri - gone :(
2014 Honda CTX700N

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 03:00:59 AM »
Are is puting in more scooter parking for us all and there is even little eye hooks bolded in the ground so we can lock the scoot up. they even went a little fancy with a sign that says scooter parking.

ophelia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2013, 03:11:48 AM »
For bikes that seem top-heavy, rotate the bike until it is at the most stable position. Usually for me, the bike is pointed uphill if I am on a slope. For scooters, use the parking brake if available. For hills, try a wheel chock. For motorcycles, put the bike in first gear. Give the bike a wiggle before you leave to make sure it is happy where it rests.
2011 Kymco Downtown 300i

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()