Author Topic: random thing which happens after warm up  (Read 4172 times)

ginger cat

• View Profile
random thing which happens after warm up
« on: July 20, 2013, 02:48:29 PM »
So , i had this thing for couple of months and it happens not so often but the bike was serviced about a week ago. Basically the bike stays overnight at my workplace car park , i warm it up and when i open the throttle i get like hit at the back wheel. I dont know how to describe it more looks like to me that something jumps into something too fast around the engine like belt jumps or w/e. Then if i ride till the corner and stop and then move on it will happen again. After riding for about 1-2 minutes it doesnt happen , for some reason it only happens when the bike stays at my workplace car park during my shift , never happened before when i was going to work.

ophelia

• View Profile
Re: random thing which happens after warm up
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 10:16:29 PM »
How many miles have you put on your bike? Do you do a great deal of slow speed riding?
2011 Kymco Downtown 300i

ginger cat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 06:39:58 AM »
2000km , not really im speeding everyday - my average speed when i go to work is around 50 mph.
For example when i started moving from the parking i had those spins under my seat again , its more like belt getting stuck to something and cant move faster straight away. It only happens when the bike stays at the car park during my shift.

ophelia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 02:24:19 PM »
How long do you warm your bike up for? I'm trying to figure out if it's carb or transmission. It sounds more like carb if it goes away once warm.
2011 Kymco Downtown 300i

ginger cat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 03:14:22 PM »
around a minute and its hot in the morning and when i open the throttle i feel under my seat that bike gets like bogging , i had a blocked carb when there was rubbish in the fuel and it was sort of different. I was trying to warm it up for about a 2-3 minutes before cause i thought when this happened 1st time back in March that it was due like not warmed up enough n stuff.
But it only happens when its standing at my workplace car park when it stays at my home during the day and i go to work then its always fine + they serviced it couple of weeks ago including adjusting the belt and stuff.

ophelia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 12:58:48 AM »
I know some bikes have finicky auto chokes or have rather cold-blooded motors. My Honda Jazz will bog a bit as it warms up, while the fueling on my Bet and Win 250 is flawless and able to take off immediately.

I guess it's a quirk of your bike. See if other Super 8 150 or People 150 owners experience the same. Try riding it around the block gingerly a few times to get it warmed up, or just be mindful of the bogging if you take main roads.
2011 Kymco Downtown 300i

ginger cat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 04:20:22 PM »
Its just its weird that it happens when it stays at the car park , cause at home im leaving it outside as well. Actually when it stays at my home i can ride it straight away without warming up and it wont bog or do anything weird.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2013, 01:51:42 AM »
That happens to my Super 8 after a cold night... the clutch bell develops some corrosion inside due to moist, heat etc.... when the clutch engages the bell, it won't "slide" but will actually stick to the bell and you will feel the jerk... after a few minutes the corrosion will be wiped away and operation will normalize...

ginger cat

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2013, 07:26:52 AM »
Yeap that's exactly how it feels , but why it happens only when my bike stays at my work car park cause im keeping it outside at home as well which makes it sort of weird.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2013, 07:44:26 AM »
Yeap that's exactly how it feels , but why it happens only when my bike stays at my work car park cause im keeping it outside at home as well which makes it sort of weird.

Different temperatures? humidity? I don't know....   Maybe just coincidences....

skishades

• Point 'em and Pray
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2013, 06:22:10 PM »
I get more corroded being at work than at home.  I assume your bike is feeling that bit of extra stress from work to..
I will ski till Hell freezes over... then I will have no fear of death.

gs450stu

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2013, 03:43:47 PM »
Just for the heck of it, before you start your scoot, put it on the center stand and turn the rear wheel.  If the brakes are a little tight and the drum corrodes it could lock the wheel temporarily.

ginger cat

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2013, 05:33:54 PM »
how can a wheel lock prevent the belt from spinning.......

It was sorted when Vivo posted about the water getting into where the belt is.

gs450stu

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2013, 04:52:10 PM »
ginger cat, I have seen after servicing where the rear brake was adjusted too tight. Just tight enough to hold back for a second and then release(thus the clunk at the rear wheel). If something is slipping because of rust, the rust has to be very heavy and powdery.  Slight rust will cause something to stick.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()