Author Topic: PROBLEM WITH BRAKE CABLE [SOLVED]  (Read 2344 times)

Aceforever

• View Profile
PROBLEM WITH BRAKE CABLE [SOLVED]
« on: July 23, 2013, 11:35:13 AM »
Hey yall,

I have a 'Agility 125, year 2006'.
I had another accident and this time I manage to snap the brake cable. I took it in to the mechanic. Its been over a week and still waiting. I was told they are unable to order parts for kymco bikes dating back to 2006.

What do you do in a situation like this?

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 04:14:43 AM by buckmajor »

claynine

• View Profile
Re: PROBLEM WITH BRAKE CABLE
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 01:01:22 PM »

Give these guys a call.  888-987-6361.  They have had good reviews from this forum.  Here is their web page and I looked up your Agility and found this.  But there was no place to put in the year 2006.  A phone call may clear it up and you could order it for the shop.  Good Luck

http://www.kymcopartsmonster.com/

43450    43450-LDF7-E10    CABLE COMP RR BRK    $16.61

http://www.kymcopartsmonster.com/p/Kymco-Parts#/Kymco_USA/KN25SA_Agility_125/Handle_Steering_%26_Handle_Cover/2K03040005/2K03040033

Aceforever

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 11:46:58 AM »
Awesome! Thanks clay, I will check them out and see if they have the part.

Thanks again

Aceforever

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 10:16:50 AM »
Ok, as you can see my scooter is still in the workshop and almost a whole month sitting there. So the workshop is unable to get the part. Does this sound right? I don't understand?? How else are they suppose to import the exact part? Sounds fishy to me and losing patience! This is the longest I've ever had to wait for :(

We have a plan B and will use part from another model. If it doesn't work then I don't have to pay
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 10:27:42 AM by buckmajor »

Aceforever

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 06:48:53 AM »
Hey guys,

HELP! My scooter is still in the workshop. What to do from here? This is ridiculous and getting out of hand now!

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 07:46:46 AM »
Do you really need the original cable? Can't after market cables do the job?

Aceforever

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 01:41:21 PM »
Do you really need the original cable? Can't after market cables do the job?
Hey Vivo,
I'm not really sure. The mechanic told me I needed a new brake cable and something else for the brake cable (cost around $20 to buy).
Money is no issue but just getting the part in. But this is going back in June. As you can see I've been making fallback calls and still only minimal progress.
I can't figure if they telling me the truth or stalling for some reason?? Now I'm running out patience :(. I don't like to moan but has anyone experienced anything similar?

245luigi

• Boston, MA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 02:08:37 PM »
Your shop sounds sketchy. Order the part and do it yourself or find another shop. I hope they dont try to charge you, this is absolute BS
Currently:
2012 Kymco Like70
72cc Malossi BBK
Dell'Orto PHBG 19 AS Carb
52 Pilot Jet
92 Main Jet
W7 Needle, 40 Slide
2T atomizer + bushing
Tecnigas Triops
Malossi Torque Driver

Aceforever

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2013, 04:49:13 AM »
Your shop sounds sketchy. Order the part and do it yourself or find another shop. I hope they dont try to charge you, this is absolute BS
Sure is. I just realized my rego has been wasted for almost 5months sitting in the workshop???

Aceforever

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2013, 04:13:32 AM »
I have good news. I called the workshop and finally getting the part in! After a long and soar conversation. I have learned available lesson. The workshop has a distributor within the country(Oz) and can only buy parts from. Otherwise, it is illegal for them to buy elsewhere. I waited for over 5months and don't forget my rego too  :'(. You would think the customer is more important...I guess that's not the case here.

Now I know its better to buy the part myself and then take into the workshop  ;D

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
Re: PROBLEM WITH BRAKE CABLE [SOLVED]
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 04:42:53 AM »
   I had the same problem with a brake cable, dealer put the order in, it took 2 months to deliver, so I made my own cable after two weeks,. still working ,and the new cable is a spare,.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()