Author Topic: Scooting in Wyoming  (Read 1077 times)

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Scooting in Wyoming
« on: July 24, 2013, 07:00:46 PM »
Trailered the DT300i and the Like 200i to Flaming Gorge Reservoir and then rode the scoots to the Flaming Gorge Dam. Good roads just for two wheels and great sights, plenty of hills and curves. Round trip about 120 miles. Took a gallon can for extending the range of the Like. Rode I-80 from Green River to Rawlins to see the old Frontier Penitentiary. Took the two gallon can and still had to buy gas and got stuck with 10% Ethanol. Mileage really suffered with the Ethanol and the headwind. The Like really is limited to 55-60 mph which is fine for most travel but it has no reserve for hills or wind. This is NOT a big deal for us since we are pleased with its overall performance. Trying to maintain 55-60 on a freeway just magnifies its limitations. Oh, yeah, we went the Interstate (freeway) since there is no complete "skinny road" for that trip. US 30 is co-located with I-80 so I think that was the original road between these towns. Having a great time here and plan to ride to Russelville, KY after we get home to western Tennessee, about 360 miles round trip. By the way, I did have to make a "flyer" to Rock Springs, WY after our Rawlins trip for a grocery run, about 12 miles. The DT had no trouble maintaining 70 mph over hill and dale and headwind! Had some construction and everyone had to slow a bit.

Blue Skies!

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Scooting in Wyoming
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 09:14:28 PM »
Pictures please?
We like to see Kymco's in action!
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Pimpy1

• Mo Hoes Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 01:23:19 AM »
Dang, I-80 scares the sh** out of me. I used to ride back and forth between Laramie and Cheyenne and it was all I could do to stay on the road sometimes. I have seen trucks blown over and off the road a few times up there.  Plus there are mule deer everywhere just waiting to run out in front of you.
2011 Kymco Super 8 2t
2006 Kymco People 250

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 03:58:26 PM »
Sorry on the pictures of the scoots. Got plenty of scenery and even some videos of the road going by. I did forget to mention that on the way back from Rawlins we were passed by a KymcoUSA.com truck and trailer. That is, a pickup truck and a logo trailer. Anyone have any idea what it was and where it was going and why? This was 23 July on I-80 westbound between Rawlins and Rock Springs.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()