Author Topic: Kymco diagnostic analyzer for the DIYer  (Read 1712 times)

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
Kymco diagnostic analyzer for the DIYer
« on: July 26, 2013, 06:53:45 PM »
A question for the DIY maintenance folks here, do you have a Kymco Analyzer for doing diagnostic testing on your Kymco or do you leave that to your dealer? If you have one can you please tell me where I can buy one?

91cavgt

• View Profile
Re: Kymco diagnostic analyzer for the DIYer
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 08:10:56 PM »
A question for the DIY maintenance folks here, do you have a Kymco Analyzer for doing diagnostic testing on your Kymco or do you leave that to your dealer? If you have one can you please tell me where I can buy one?

The service manual states where you can get the software for a PDA and they even show you how to use the software.  However, I have not found a place to buy the wire adaptor that plugs into the PDA and the diagnostic port in the battery compartment. 
2012 Like 200i  in black

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 08:59:21 PM »

The service manual states where you can get the software for a PDA and they even show you how to use the software.  However, I have not found a place to buy the wire adaptor that plugs into the PDA and the diagnostic port in the battery compartment.

Thanks 91cavgt. I was not aware that was in the manual. I'll have to check it out. I wonder if Kymco USA might have info on where we could get the adapter.

91cavgt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 11:20:02 PM »
Thanks 91cavgt. I was not aware that was in the manual. I'll have to check it out. I wonder if Kymco USA might have info on where we could get the adapter.

It would be nice to find the adaptor.  I talked to my local dealer when I got my new rear tire installed.  I inquired about them tuning it, i.e. making the air/fuel ratio a bit richer when I get a pipe on it.  They had no idea what I was talking about but said that if it is out there, they will get it.
2012 Like 200i  in black

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()