Author Topic: Fluid Changes at 2000 + Miles Today  (Read 787 times)

tclhb

• View Profile
Fluid Changes at 2000 + Miles Today
« on: July 29, 2013, 03:23:34 AM »
This was my fourth engine oil change. I had done one extra when I checked my valves in between two of the scheduled oil changes. Nothing out of the ordinary with the engine oil. Just one small piece of something in the strainer screen. It wasn't metallic though. What was unexpected though was the trans fluid. It was clear. It looked like it had just been poured from the bottle. It was probably a waste replacing it, but its such a small quantity so it's cheap peace of mind.
Tom. Huntington Beach, California

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
Re: Fluid Changes at 2000 + Miles Today
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 05:35:29 AM »
Synthetic hub oil for the Like should give you at least 2,500 miles of service. It could probably go double that, but given the amount is only around 0.19 liters when filled that's a lot to ask for such a small amount of lubricant.

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: Fluid Changes at 2000 + Miles Today
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 05:45:10 AM »
This was my fourth engine oil change. I had done one extra when I checked my valves in between two of the scheduled oil changes. Nothing out of the ordinary with the engine oil. Just one small piece of something in the strainer screen. It wasn't metallic though. What was unexpected though was the trans fluid. It was clear. It looked like it had just been poured from the bottle. It was probably a waste replacing it, but its such a small quantity so it's cheap peace of mind.

Trans oil is not subjected to heat and high pressure... it just splashes in there....  ;)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()