Author Topic: Underseat Storage Hot?  (Read 1319 times)

georgep1111

• View Profile
Underseat Storage Hot?
« on: July 30, 2013, 10:20:22 PM »
I have 5 weeks and about 400 miles on my NOS 2010 S200.  I have noticed that the underseat storage area is quite hot after a ride.  I realize that it is atop the motor and being that the S200 motor is air cooled it gets hammered by the radiated or maybe even air flow directed heat, but boy it sure seems to be excessively hot.  I had my rain goggles in there and when I took them out this weekend I found the glue that attaches the foam to the frames had come undone.  I have had these goggles for many years/miles and were still in great condition, but they sure were warm when I took them out.

Next time I head out for a run I'll take a thermometer with and get a real number because I'm in Minnesota and maybe my estimation of "Hot" might be different from someone who lives in Arizona for example. :o   For now though, I don't feel safe carrying anything like a camera, cellphone, or something that could be damaged due to the heat.  My wife did suggest using a small cooler in there to protect the camera so we'll probably give that a shot.

Just wonderin if others have noticed this.  I have read somewhere that the GY6 motor used in the S200 is unique to the S200 only so maybe the heat I'm feeling might not be felt in say the People 150.  Don't know.... Just askin.

tnx

George

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
Re: Underseat Storage Hot?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 10:40:12 PM »
Most scoots get hot under the seat.
My S200 gets hot enough to loosen up adhesives also. Don't put a kitten in there..........

Be Big,
AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

georgep1111

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 12:36:16 AM »
Don't put a kitten in there..........

Yup, I hear that.  On the other hand after a day of riding I could probably have my dinner cooked in there, or at least keep a meatball sub hot.   ;D

tnx
George

carloscuny

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 09:09:21 PM »
With the P's 200i afi same experience, for winter is closing, at least I have a hot behind...
Some alu isolation is glued at the underside. Before something must have melted and the engineers solved it....
Real solution better air circulation by vents/open mesh, holes drilling etc....
My Yam Cygnus has large entrances just in front of the cilinder.

Just thinking of conecting a hoover to the hotspot and venting it in my motorjacket in wintertime. My God it was so cold last winter her in the Netherlands...

But keep on rolling

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()