Author Topic: 2009 People 50 2T Help with Modifications  (Read 2348 times)

RustyPlanks

• View Profile
2009 People 50 2T Help with Modifications
« on: August 01, 2013, 01:54:52 AM »
Looking for a little insight on where I should start with modifications on my new scooter. I bought this scooter (2009 People 50 2T 1500 miles/km can't tell the miles per hr on top on the speedo but all the others I've seen have km on top???) from a police auction for $250 bucks. The scooter had no keys, so I hot wired it and I tried to start it up... didn't fire, so I pulled apart the whole bike cleaned everything, carb, block, transmission, drained the lines and tanks, bought a new battery and it fired right up. The scoot takes a half kick on the kicker and it purrs like the finest persian kitty.
I have been riding it around for a couple days now and I find it odd that the scooter does a solid 25 with me and my wife on it, and with only me on it, and with only my wife on it.  Where should I start with mods so I can get this thing going. I'm on a pretty tight budget right now (I can put money into it later, kinda a spur of the moment purchase) so where is the best place to start. The bike also has some cone filter on it instead of the stock air filter but it looks like some car filter that was modified  ???
I've read the Boss Drive Face is important but how do I tell if it has already been replaced? I understand how to keep things stock and keep good maintenance so it runs properly but changing parts to get better performance has been confusing. I have a copy of the People 50 service manual from 1999 is there a newer manual I should try to acquire??
Thanks for any and all advice!!

RustyPlanks

• View Profile
Re: 2009 People 50 2T Help with Modifications
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 10:38:40 PM »
So I figured out the Drive Boss and got a replacement. In the little bag that I got, I also got a main jet for a Catb it is a 82? Does anyone know what the stock main jet size is, is this worth putting in??

ophelia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 03:23:10 AM »
Put both the boss and the main jet in for the derestriction.
2011 Kymco Downtown 300i

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 05:01:22 AM »
85 is stock :-\ :-\ :-\    I think...

Drive boss and larger jet should get you up near 40. The manual is fine. The boss rides between the crankshaft and the variator... It's really not that complicated in there. The good thing is pretty much all modern scooters have the same CVT drive system and there is plenty of youtube videos of the subject.

Boss on right is restricted
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 05:07:14 AM by Peters »
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 05:02:26 AM »
Welcome to the forum  :)
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

naughty lee

• 64 mph and pushing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 06:39:29 AM »
Welcome on board.
I've put a thread up in the zx50 area called 50-60 mph free modification.

It's a bit long winded, but if you read through it, there's advice on boss skimming, variator inking, carb mixture settings etc.
one twist and go scooter is arguably pretty much the same as the next.
Details of any CdI mod for your scoot may vary from the zx50, but the rest of the mods will be largely the same.
Any two stroke scoot can be squeezed onto producing
At least 50 mph, it's just a case of undoing the work of the tree huggers.

laurilong

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 01:45:05 PM »
I put the derestricted boss in my 2010 people and scooter went from 28 mph up to 45mph. Checked with the dealer and they informed me when they derestrict, they don't touch the CDI on this one. They just upgrade the boss and jet. I still need to put the upgraded jet in place, but I don't know where that is located to switch it out!  (BTW: derestricted boss and an upgraded jet only cost $27 total)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()