Author Topic: Position Lights or Parking Lights  (Read 830 times)

k12smitty

• New to the scooter world, but loving it so far.
    • View Profile
Position Lights or Parking Lights
« on: August 01, 2013, 03:38:42 AM »
I have an '09 xCiting 500 ri. I recently had to replace the front cowl and headlight assembly following an accident. During the process of replacing these I discovered the two "position" lights that located inside the headlight assembly. The wiring harness connects to the back of the lights but can't find a way to turn them on. I checked the owners manual and these lights are called position lights or what we in the US would call parking lights. The owners manual also shows some switches on the right handlebar that turns these lights on and also turns the headlight off. I would suspect these switches (controls) are only on the non US models since federal laws say all m/c headlights have to be on all the time. Where these controls should be on my scooter there is a blank that covers that hole. Has anyone else encountered this and given it any thought? Are the connectors and related wiring harness in place behind this blank cover? Does anyone have a part number for the switch assembly that is used on the non US (European) models? Maybe it would be possible to order the European switch assy and simple plug it in. Any info is greatly appreciated.
Ride Safely,
Steve
'09 Xciting 500 Ri
'09 People 200 S
'09 BMW K1200LT
'09 Kawasaki KLR 650
'05 KLR 250
'97 BMW K1100LT

Yager200i

• View Profile
Re: Position Lights or Parking Lights
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 02:36:43 PM »
Not sure about your bike, but mine (2010 Kymco Yager GT 200i) are always on. They're in the same circuit that lights the license plate light, tail light and instrument cluster light. I've attached the PDF of the wiring diagram for my bike, hoping yours is similar. If it is, look for a brown wire, that should be the one to tap power off of.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()